Swansea city v Newcastle united

desmondTUTU

What a way to end our winning run, ripped apart by a team with no strikers.

Wouldn't mind seeing us playing some of this passing football once in a while.

Bit harsh to say we've been ripped apart, it's been a very even game and to be honest could/should have been very different if Webb had been doing his job properly - two perfectly fine penalties not given and a player not punished for a headbutt who then goes on to score. I'm the first moan about our team but we've been robbed tonight imo.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We played the right way in the first half - they were always going to have more possession than us, and they hit us on the break.

Unlucky to concede a goal just before halftime, and then unlucky again to not have a penalty to make it 1-1. We fell apart a bit after that, and Shelvey's effort going in off Debuchy was unfortunate though deserved.

If Remy's header hadn't been saved magnificently by Vorm things would be a lot different. Have to take this on the chin and move on.

Outplayed all night. Swansea by far the better team.

I've seen us outplayed far, far too many times and tonight wasn't one of those times. Disappointing, not a great performance, not one ounce of luck and a ref who just doesn't give us a thing.

I could have done without watching that performance.

I've never been one to advocate the long ball but in the first half it's what we should have done, hoofed it up to Remy & Shola. It was obvious we weren't going anywhere with the amount of passing and possession Swansea had.

Typical Newcastle, exultation then deflation.

Obertan ......for fucks sake.

Possession doesn't equal being outclassed.

Nobody said it does?

They were however better in posession, more dangerous in attack, pressed us hard every time the lost posession, not to mention beating us 3 goals.

They deserved the win. We deserved nowt.

The run was always going to come to an end, I had just hoped it would be due to the other team playing really well rather than us being completely crap.

We played a more tired, injury decimated team who had the second worst home record in the league (according to the commentator anyway) at the start of the game. And got well beaten. Disappointing.

Only drop 1 place don't we? Not the end of the world, but still.

2 now with Spurs winning but yeah not the end of the world. Days like this are always to be expected when you follow Newcastle.

Thought Krul was a bit iffy to put it mildly. Worrying that when we win, it's usually by a single goal, but a defeat usually means a few against.

We lost to some average teams by pretty big margins when we finished 5th didnt we?

Lets hope its an omen.