Politics

Christmas Tree

Its just mint how you and a few others, supposedly well educated decent folk, cant get involved in a discussion without coming in straight in like screaming little girl. Do you act this way in real life or do you live in Stepford?

If you just want to hear your own opinion then grab the Guardian and read, while nodding approvingly in front of a mirror.

Its a great shame that a thread which effects all of us is so little used, simply because a few tossers cant show a bit of self control and always spoil it for anyone who does want to discuss politics.

You really are a massive hypocrite CT. I'll leave it at that because frankly I haven't got the energy or time at the minute for this shit.

snapback.pngChristmas Tree, on 06 December 2012 - 09:42 AM, said:

You dont think its good that we can borrow at lower rates than Germany? Are you mad?

So why are you advocating a policy of shunning all that cheap money in favour of grinding people into the dirt?

:lol: I dont think many people get how ridiculous this line of argument is.

Do you remember that Carlsberg advert, 'if carlsberg did banks'? That's what most small businesses want, lots of cheap money, no questions asked, and if it all goes tits up, well never mind, that's life eh. Set up again as Little co (2012) Ltd and everything is tip-top. At least that's what I found when I worked for one and with plenty others.

We've had an over-reliance on easy credit, no more so than in high-risk SMEs. What we are lacking is more equity or equity-like funding, which is not something banks would generally be involved in.

Anyway, King's point is that there is little capacity to be expanding lending, whether people are asking for it or not.

I think Banks got into trouble gambling in foreign markets and buying up dodgy property portfolios rather than lending to Fred the Plumber.

You dont think its good that we can borrow at lower rates than Germany? Are you mad?

There must be a reason though Chez why no main stream political party seems to want to go down that road?

At the last election there was ciggy paper difference between the proposals from Labour and Conservative on Austerity measures.

I know you keep promoting Keynsian, but you never say why all of our political parties ignore him "yet its so obviously the right way".

I think Banks got into trouble gambling in foreign markets and buying up dodgy property portfolios rather than lending to Fred the Plumber.

The money they used/use to lend to Fred was secured on your dodgy shite though - shite rated as gold by your rating agency gods.

the tories really are prolonging the misery. and there isn't a plan b. plan b seems to be more of plan a. if the medicine isn't working, let's not bother changing it - let's just have some more.

i think what's really going on is the tories are taking this opportunity to try to rewrite the social contract that was established when the the nhs was formed in 1948. and it there's a good chance they might get away with as the public might not notice until it's too late. but let's be clear - a decade of cuts will impact everyone. the middle classes will be start sharing the pain before long.

and they keep saying we're all in this together but then go after the poorest in society with more cuts to the welfare state.

they're cunts basically. thatcher summed them all up when she said there's no such thing as society. that's the way these privileged toffs all think. i was born into wealth so why should i give a shit about the man born into poverty?

There must be a reason though Chez why no main stream political party seems to want to go down that road?

At the last election there was ciggy paper difference between the proposals from Labour and Conservative on Austerity measures.

I know you keep promoting Keynsian, but you never say why all of our political parties ignore him "yet its so obviously the right way".

Because thanks to the media the populace are as clueless as you and in general cannot be persuaded because of that.

the whole attack on the the 'benefit culture' really boils me tits too. does anyone really think the majority of people that are on benefits want to be on benefits? it's madness. here's a little secret - being on benefits when you have to worry about rising food and fuel prices is not fun for the majority. hardly the life of riley the daily mail would have you believe.

and they're not the ones that created the financial crisis. just an easy scapegoat to make pay for it now.

Edited by Dr Gloom

I would add that when Osbourne claims top earners willl be hit more (forgetting about the top rate reduction) he's referring to paye staff - the real rich who they serve don't fall into that group.

the whole attack on the the 'benefit culture' really boils me tits too. does anyone really think the majority of people that are on benefits want to be on benefits? it's madness. here's a little secret - being on benefits when you have to worry about rising food and fuel prices is not fun for the majority. hardly the life of riley the daily mail would have you believe.

and they're not the ones that created the financial crisis. just an easy scapegoat to make pay for it now.

Capitalism has always had and always will have a steady pool of unemployed. It's the nature of the beast and to do with complex things chez can explain. If anything I'm in favour of handing out serious amounts of money to the disadvantaged so they can change their lives. :lol:

Edited by Park Life

We've all got everything wrong but you eh? When did you turn into such a patronising cunt ffs :lol:

At the time of the crash I remember having a go at the head of finance at my previous place when he came out with "once again labour have ruined the economy and the Tories will have go fix it."

He works in a bank and fucking knew the root causes but still clung to the southern attitude based on thatcherite bollocks. The classic cliche you've used about sheep voting labour in the ne is more than matched by willfully ignorant so called educated people in the south and unfortunately that won't change and labour have to try and pander to them.

I'd love to see a party of truth unafraid to call a spade a spade but that hope is now dead on a base of capitalist selfishness. Unfortunately Thatcher won and her bastard children (Blair as well) will rule forever.

Capitalism has always had and always will have a steady pool of unemployed. It's the nature of the beast and to do with complex things chez can explain. If anything I'm in favour of handing out serious amounts of money to the disadvantaged so they can change their lives. :lol:

Of course there's an optimal level of unemployment and availability of labour but we're well above that rate.

Rather than explain things, I'll just assure you that you have no idea what you are on about.

Of course, the same can be said for most of the population, which is why as a nation we are easily swayed by political arguments that are plausible on the surface, but fail to stand up to any real scrutiny. That's why we have chaps like Osborne and Balls vying to be leaders of our economy.

We already do that and all they do is breed.

Editor of the Financial Times on Question Time tonight.

Paraphrasing a little ;)

"It would be mad to go down the kensyian route. The markets wouldnt trust us, interest rates would go up and we would be in a much bigger mess than we are now".

Maybe he doesnt get it either. :unsure2:

102412krugman1-blog480.jpg

The pink range indicates the expected recovery path. As we noted in our original column, the US exceeds expectations here. The US growth path manages to emerge from and stay above the predicted range by years 3-4-5 (i.e. 2010–12). In contrast, the UK path is disappointing, and can’t really be called a recovery yet.

Even using the maximal measure of excess credit based on bank and shadow bank data to bias the forecast path down as far possible, it is still not possible to account for the UK’s dismal performance. The UK was on a similar path to the US in years 1-2 (2008–09), but falls well behind the US in years 3-4 (2010–2011), only to drop below the forecast range in year 5 (2012).

Future economic historians will debate whether US policy in recent years can take some credit for supporting the economy at a level above a range of plausible alternative paths. But the UK’s policy choices will not find refuge so easily, since there the output path has now diverged below what a wide range of plausible historical projections might excuse.

http://www.voxeu.org/article/fact-checking-financial-recessions-us-uk-update

Editor of the Financial Times on Question Time tonight.

Paraphrasing a little ;)

"It would be mad to go down the kensyian route. The markets wouldnt trust us, interest rates would go up and we would be in a much bigger mess than we are now".

Maybe he doesnt get it either. :unsure2:

You missed out the bit where Dimbleby pointed out that most of the journos in the FT supported a government stimulus package.

You missed out the bit where Dimbleby pointed out that most of the journos in the FT supported a government stimulus package.

I think he said some, to which there boss laughed and replied we're not all kensians!

The point been it is by no means a black and white issue as some on here would have you believe.

No political party in this country backs the kensians approach, yet some of you would have us believe its just is thick working class that don't understand :)

Edited by Christmas Tree