Politics

Christmas Tree

Well we've had the second worst recovery out the G7 since the crash, with the economy of France and Germany growing, but with ours contracting along with Italy. Miles behind the US who decided to invest their way out of recession to an extent. In short, our economic record compared with other nations has been shit. Explain that.

Explaining one against the other is pointless as there's lots if differences. The fact is that only 3 years after "there's no money left lol" we are coming out of it with more jobs than ever before more exports than ever before while at the same time spending more than labour promised on the NHS, addressing the pension and welfare crisis, cutting taxes for 25 million, looking after pensioners, keeping mortgage payments low, discarding Labours fuel rises.

Lots of good. You have zero balance in your views.

If you think a British housing bubble caused the crash you better read up.

It was partially responsible once UK banks had been exposed to bad debts in the US. And the bad debt in the US was another housing bubble. Its how companies with no real manufacturing base for exports create "growth" as far as I can make out.

It was partially responsible once UK banks had been exposed to bad debts in the US. And the bad debt in the US was another housing bubble. Its how companies with no real manufacturing base for exports create "growth" as far as I can make out.

Exactly, banks gambling on foreign debt. Nowt to do with the British housing market.

Add to that that the Bank if England has given this project the go ahead and assured the government that it won't lead to a bubble.

It's a great scheme for decent hardworking couples to get a foot on the ladder without a rediculous deposit.

Explaining one against the other is pointless as there's lots if differences. The fact is that only 3 years after "there's no money left lol" we are coming out of it with more jobs than ever before more exports than ever before while at the same time spending more than labour promised on the NHS, addressing the pension and welfare crisis, cutting taxes for 25 million, looking after pensioners, keeping mortgage payments low, discarding Labours fuel rises.

Lots of good. You have zero balance in your views.

And you think that's a balanced reply? Factually incorrect bull shit straight from the Tory propaganda machine. Hint: our economy is still SMALLER than in 2008.

So basically you're saying there is no way of knowing if the economy would have done better because you refuse to accept international comparisons. And I'm the one with zero balance in my views (which unlike you I've never claimed to have). Righto.

Exactly, banks gambling on foreign debt. Nowt to do with the British housing market.

Add to that that the Bank if England has given this project the go ahead and assured the government that it won't lead to a bubble.

It's a great scheme for decent hardworking couples to get a foot on the ladder without a rediculous deposit.

It will only increase demand and inflate prices though, which is not sustainable. We need to increase supply.

It will only increase demand and inflate prices though, which is not sustainable. We need to increase supply.

Nobody is ever going to increase supply. All politicians nod and say we need to build more houses and none of them do.

Private rental as is common in Europe is what is replacing social housing.

And you think that's a balanced reply? Factually incorrect bull shit straight from the Tory propaganda machine. Hint: our economy is still SMALLER than in 2008.

So basically you're saying there is no way of knowing if the economy would have done better because you refuse to accept international comparisons. And I'm the one with zero balance in my views (which unlike you I've never claimed to have). Righto.

Of course it's smaller than 2008, that was pre crash. We have only woken in the recovery room not up and running in the great North run.

If you were balanced you would acknowledge that its good the Coalition.

Spent more on the NHS than Labour were going to.

Restored the old age pension to retail index

Took thousands of the lowest paid out of paying tax.

Reformed public pensions.

Increased exports to record levels

Increased employment to record levels.

Introduced gay marriage

Etc

Etc

Lots of good has been done in the worst financial circumstances a government has ever faced.

Well we've had the second worst recovery out the G7 since the crash, with the economy of France and Germany growing, but with ours contracting along with Italy. Miles behind the US who decided to invest their way out of recession to an extent. In short, our economic record compared with other nations has been shit. Explain that.

Bill O'Reilly couldn't

:lol: how the fuck can the BoE control that? interest rates on martgages are frozen at 0% by the BoE themselves. If this scheme isnt asking for major trouble I'm not sure what is tbh.

:lol: how the fuck can the BoE control that? interest rates on martgages are frozen at 0% by the BoE themselves. If this scheme isnt asking for major trouble I'm not sure what is tbh.

"Chancellor George Osborne has asked the Bank of England to take a bigger role in ensuring his Help to Buy housing scheme does not fuel a property boom.

The Bank of England's FPC will be able to modify parts of the scheme to keep it in check.

It will be allowed to review the scheme and could reduce the £600,000 cap, so fewer homes are affected.

The FPC could also also make loans less attractive by recommending that the Treasury raises the fees paid by lenders for the guarantees."

The problem with the Tories is that they are a bunch of pretentious, pious, and holier than thou bunch of bastards with a whole plethora of career climbing bell ends in the cabinet. Bizarrely, I find Cameron offends me the least. Osbourne, Hunt and especially fucking Gove are vile creatures with their eye on bigger prizes. I've no doubt that all of this trio would sell their mother off at the right price.

Having said that, I really have no faith in Labour. Ed Balls as chancellor would scare me even more. Ed Milliband seems like a nice bloke but he comes across as a bit wet and I imagine people perceive that if he were to get into power he would just do as he was told by other leaders. I may be being unfair to him, but unfortunately politics in this country has gone a bit presidential.

I expect the Lib Dems to get a kicking as others have said. They were always by other vote but I won't be considering them next election. For the first time in my life, I have no idea who to vote for. I'm hoping for a Monster Raving Loony candidate.

"Chancellor George Osborne has asked the Bank of England to take a bigger role in ensuring his Help to Buy housing scheme does not fuel a property boom.

The Bank of England's FPC will be able to modify parts of the scheme to keep it in check.

It will be allowed to review the scheme and could reduce the £600,000 cap, so fewer homes are affected.

The FPC could also also make loans less attractive by recommending that the Treasury raises the fees paid by lenders for the guarantees."

What is cheap and easy access to mortgages going to do the the market?...theres a shortage of new housing stock as it is. Thats what will create the bubble.

Naughty naughty Telegraph! http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/david-cameron/10351508/Make-no-mistake-this-is-a-sketch.-Cue-applause.html

Make no mistake, this is a sketch. Cue applause

Today I’m going to write a sketch. A sketch in the style of David Cameron’s speech.

Because make no mistake: that sketch will be in the style of David Cameron’s speech.

Listing things. Listing some more things. Hawking truisms. Gesturing emptily. Looking knackered. Phoning it in. Talking in the sort of tone you might use when patiently giving directions to a tourist who looks a bit dim and speaks hardly a word of English.

And yes – lots of sentences beginning “And yes”.

Let’s be absolutely clear. This sketch will contain straw men. Straw men who say: “You shouldn’t do things that are good.” Straw men who say: “You should do things that are bad.”

But to those straw men I say: “No.” I say: “We shouldn’t do things that are bad.” I say: “We should do things that are good.” Because we are the party that believes good things are good – and that bad things are bad.

[Leave gap for lethargic applause.]

Of course, we know what Labour is saying. Labour is saying, “Insert misrepresentation of what Labour is saying here.”

And isn’t that just typical of the Left?

[stare down lens of TV camera while jabbing finger crossly.]

This sketch will also contain jokes. And make no mistake: some of those jokes will be a bit weird. Especially the one that ends with me saying to Ed Miliband: “You keep your shirt on – and I’ll keep the lights on!” That one will just sound like a very odd chat-up line. There will also be a joke at the expense of Labour’s education spokesman Stephen Twigg where I misread the autocue and mess it up completely.

Never mind. I’ll soldier on.

Just like our brave Armed Forces. [Leave gap for standing ovation.]

Despite those silly Lib Dems getting in the way all the time, we’ve achieved a lot of things in government. Here’s a list of them all. Except for gay marriage, that one seems to have slipped my mind for the moment.

The fact is this. We ran out of big shiny policies to announce earlier in the week. So instead, here’s something woolly about dreams. Something woolly about opportunity. Something woolly about our children and our grandchildren. And most important of all: a reminder that I married a woman. [Gaze damply at woman, to applause.]

Last week Ed Miliband gave a speech full of feeble sound bites. Well, two can play that game. See how you like this one. The land of hope is Tory. That sounds a bit like “Land of hope and glory”. No? Come on, you lot are supposed to lap that sort of thing right up. We were really pleased with that one back in the office.

Not to worry. Nearly finished now. Voice getting faster, voice getting louder, lots of repetition, end on the slogan!

Thank you.

[Parade wife round hall, smiling painfully.]