Politics

Christmas Tree

I voted Green, mate. My seat is safe Labour so my little protest against what the Labour Party have become. Though I have been way more impressed with the way Miliband has conducted himself in this campaign than I thought I would be. And surprised at how negative and desperate the Tories have been.

The Geens need to get a new leader if they ever want to gain the kind of momentum and coverage Farage managed with ukip. Bennet seems a nice woman but she's been entirely unimpressive, has zero charisma and is Australian. And the party needs electoral reform if they're ever going to progress into the mainstream.

Good luck today!

I don't get the green vote :lol:

Absolute bonkers party.

Legalise prostitution, legalise membership of terrorist groups etc.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/2015/01/welcome-to-the-bonkers-world-of-the-green-party-manifesto/

Honestly, I say this with no hesitation, I probably talk more sense and am more politically balanced than everyone on here.

That's not being smug, just likely.

:spit:

Holy shit that's amazing.

I don't doubt there are plenty of blinkered people on here, but to try and suggest you're anything but a fucking echo for the party-line is the best joke anybody has ever told ever.

Absolute bonkers party.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/2015/01/welcome-to-the-bonkers-world-of-the-green-party-manifesto/

It's a protest vote. I don't agree with their entire manifesto, but if more people vote green and the Labour Party take notice and move more to the left then I will be happy.

Hilarious comment on the previous page btw. You must have been giggling at the irony when you posted it. No one can be that deluded.

It's a protest vote. I don't agree with their entire manifesto, but if more people vote green and the Labour Party take notice and move more to the left then I will be happy.

Hilarious comment on the previous page btw. You must have been giggling at the irony when you posted it. No one can be that deluded.

When was the last successful far left labour government?

:lol:

What's that got to do with anything you dolt? Every government can be spun as successful or unsuccessful.

But aye, you're balanced...

I'll vote, it just doesn't seem as important in a safe seat. Almost feels like a small minority elsewhere has the say on the future of the north east.

If anything it's more important in this election than previously as winning the popular vote will offer legitimacy to any minority government/lead coalition partner.

What's that got to do with anything? i'm not asking for a far left party, only for Labour to stop trying too hard to win middle ground voters by following the tories on silly policy promises - like continued austerity.

If the popular vote wasn't a potential factor in terms of a legitimacy argument this time around, I would probably have voted Green, safe in the knowledge that my seat will always go to Labour anyway.

Not that I buy into any of Dave's or the Tory press bullshit about legitimacy which they've dreamt up in the past couple of days in a blind panic at potentially losing.

Absolute bonkers party.

decriminalise prostitution btw - something i happen to agree with. same goes for drugs.

:lol:

What's that got to do with anything you dolt? Every government can be spun as successful or unsuccessful.

But aye, you're balanced...

It's got to do with Glooms protest vote because he wants Labour to move to the left. ( don't worry if you don't know the answer Dave) [emoji6]

It's got to do with Glooms protest vote because he wants Labour to move to the left. ( don't worry if you don't know the answer Dave) [emoji6]

Oh, is moving a very central Labour to the left the same as a Far Left Labour government?

I was totally unaware that these two disparate things were, in fact, the same.

I need to sit down and have a think about a thing or two.

Thanks for being balanced and all that :good:

If the popular vote wasn't a potential factor in terms of a legitimacy argument this time around, I would probably have voted Green, safe in the knowledge that my seat will always go to Labour anyway.

Not that I buy into any of Dave's or the Tory press bullshit about legitimacy which they've dreamt up in the past couple of days in a blind panic at potentially losing.

i think the tories are shitting themselves and are making too much if it. it's the seats that really matter.

Oh, is moving a very central Labour to the left the same as a Far Left Labour government?

I was totally unaware that these two disparate things were, in fact, the same.

I need to sit down and have a think about a thing or two.

Thanks for being balanced and all that :good:

No problem :lol: come back when you know the answer.

decriminalise prostitution btw - something i happen to agree with. same goes for drugs.

Decriminalise selling sex, but criminalise buying sex.

No problem :lol: come back when you know the answer.

:lol: oh, you card, look at your little family of chins wobbling with mirth. Bless you.

Such a fucking cliché.

i think the tories are shitting themselves and are making too much if it. it's the seats that really matter.

Ah completely, their argument has no substance whatsoever. They're just trying to muddy the waters and bring "public opinion" (by which they mean media interests) into the argument. The public give their opinion on polling day. What happens beyond that has rules that Dave himself signed off on and which will hopefully facilitate a Labour government.

Remember CT's "Boys are back in town" glee? Followed 2 weeks later by "Best prime minister of my life"? Balanced. :lol:

Fuck me though, 5 years ago now. 5 shit years for a lot of people in this country. What a surprise.