Politics

Christmas Tree

greg clarke seemingly unable to answer a direct question about whether nissan were offered any assurances or government money to stay in the country. he's having a mare, blathering on about industrial strategy. just answer the question you tit!

How are the Govt meant to reveal what the plan is before negotiations have even started ffs! The strategy will take shape after the initial engagements one would imagine. People suddenly want to know everything when for decades they didn't want to know anything or bothered by anything....:lol:

it's a valid question to ask. what incentives were nissan given to stay? how much public money? will they apply to other carmakers? other industries? will smaller companies also benefit?

two weeks ago nissan were saying they had doubts about staying post brexit without assurances, so clearly something's been agreed. this slimy twat is clearly under orders not to reveal anything about it.

i don't think the public demand constant incremental updates on brexit negotiations, but some clarity is needed. look how much time we've wasted speculating on here alone ffs. 

i don't think the public demand constant incremental updates on brexit negotiations, but some clarity is needed. look how much time we've wasted speculating on here alone ffs. 

The public were kept in the dark for decades reg the creeping power of the EU and the fact our politicians knew early doors that it would end in Federalism but kept it quiet...Heath specifically knew all about it. Politics is mainly the art of keeping the populous out of the loop. ;)

*Talking about our pet subject now...Air quality...Which in London is now shocking.

fucking hell, now the tory is on about a cross party consensus on supporting the welfare state. aye, that's why you just spent 6 years trying to dismantle it

Edited by Dr Gloom

I thought the labour guy did alright.

I thought they all came across as generic insincere politicians, particularly due to the contrast with Loach who consistently spoke like a genuine, thoughtful and decent bloke. Its not often enough that these politicians find themselves sharing a stage with people like him unfortunately. The girl from Bangladesh seemed like a particularly horrendous twat, whoever she is

fucking hell, now the tory is on about a cross party consensus on supporting the welfare state. aye, that's why you just spent 6 years trying to dismantle it

I would imagine he could get cross party consensus on the dismantling of the welfare state prior to Corbyn.

Cheap shots aside, what was this program? Sounds interesting...

Question Time.

The girl from Bangladesh was from a lobby group that push for the interests of tax avoiders.

I thought the Labour guy did an alright job of actually answering questions instead of constantly trying to deflect them like his Tory counterpart, who came across as a more typical politician.

Edited by Dr Gloom

Ken Loach explaining how Russia is being encircled followed by a proper balanced ans. God bless him.

Here's the news...The cold war never ended.

I was wondering if he was a regular subscriber to the Parky conspiracies blog. He clearly talked the most sense of any of them. Though stopped short of any talk of chem trails of the west's grand plan to over throw the entire Middle East. Edited by Dr Gloom

Question Time.

The girl from Bangladesh was from a lobby group that push for the interests of tax avoiders.

I thought the Labour guy did an alright job of actually answering questions instead of constantly trying to deflect them like his Tory counterpart, who came across as a more typical politician.

Ah OK cheers. Yes he definitely made more of an effort than that other ugly twat, who couldn't have fit the slimy Tory stereotype more if he tried

I was wondering if he was a regular subscriber to the Parky conspiracies blog. He clearly talked the most sense of any of them. Though stopped short of any talk of chem trails of the west's grand plan to over throw the entire Middle East.

It's rare you get someone on there that stops all the politicians in their tracks.

Yemen gets less coverage by the Lamestream media because we're an integral part of the campaign that is killing thousands. We sell the arms, train the pilots, companies like Raytheon are selling comms and intelligence equipment and radar etc...It's far easier and less problematic for them to continue on the banal Putin is evil track. The House of Saud are a theocratic dictatorship living in the dark ages and routinely commit cruel and barbaric acts on their own people and others.

"Presenting the motion in the Commons, Thornberry was subjected to a series of ill-judged interruptions from Labour MPs such as Kevan Jones, Toby Perkins and John Woodcock. Indeed, Thornberry received more vocal support in the chamber from the SNP contingent than from her own supposed comrades. According to subsequent reports, some Labour members even tried to work with their Tory counterparts in order to defeat their own party’s motion.

Woodcock, a former chair of Progress, claimed that British support is “precisely focused on training Saudis” to improve their targeting, so as to “create fewer civilian casualties”, parroting the official government line. The idea that the Saudis’ “widespread and systematic” attacks on civilian targets are just a series of well-meaning errors is one that, to put it as gently as possible, lacks credibility. And if decades of training provided by the British to the Saudi pilots hasn’t prevented these supposed errors by now, it seems rather unlikely that it will in the near future."

Edited by Park Life