Politics

Christmas Tree

No they don’t. They need to do much much better next time. They lost the last election, remember?

Labour need to start making noise about Brexit very soon or they’ll be complicit in the destruction of our economy/society.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ewerk said:

No they don’t. They need to do much much better next time. They lost the last election, remember?

Labour need to start making noise about Brexit very soon or they’ll be complicit in the destruction of our economy/society.

They were 20 odd points back last time and are currently far stronger. A similar campaign to last time should see them a fair way ahead. If they go all in now they risk people losing interest in their message by the time it actually becomes relevant to do something.

Hold your damn nerve ffs, this isn't over yet.

Me too but I don't know what you expect Labour to do. The tide needs to turn on Brexit outside of party politics. That will happen, I'm sure, but Labour are only going to get one chance to say "ok this changes things, let's have a second referendum". They need to choose the moment well.

I mean, what would you have them do that you think would actually work?

Edited by Rayvin

This memo drafted by Johnson and Gove feels like the next chapter in the downfall of May. As well as positioning from the former two to replace her once she goes. Wonder if defeat of the Brexit bill that they mention in this article could see her off..

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/nov/12/uk-government-tensions-rise-after-leak-of-letter-to-prime-minister

The government is apparently considering granting diplomatic status to this wifey locked up in Iran in order to secure her release. 

Great news for her, but this lot are absolutely shameless in terms of the lengths they'll go to to sweep a fuck up under the carpet. This is nothing to do with them wanting to get her out - she's been there for a year or something already - and everything to do with silencing the calls for Johnson to resign. 

Just now, Gemmill said:

The government is apparently considering granting diplomatic status to this wifey locked up in Iran in order to secure her release. 

Great news for her, but this lot are absolutely shameless in terms of the lengths they'll go to to sweep a fuck up under the carpet. This is nothing to do with them wanting to get her out - she's been there for a year or something already - and everything to do with silencing the calls for Johnson to resign. 

Aye, they only started pretending to give a shit when Johnson's comments managed to make her situation even worse. Gove stepped in at the weekend to further muddy the waters too I see.