Politics

Christmas Tree

2 hours ago, Renton said:

There was one last week that had labour 8 ahead I think. Whatever though, agree labour should be doing much better given the state of the economy alone let alone Brexit bollocks.

Things haven't changed for those who vote tory - pensioners and those in work who are doing okay. 

It's not as if they're going to start giving a fuck about anyone else. 

3 hours ago, NJS said:

Things haven't changed for those who vote tory - pensioners and those in work who are doing okay. 

It's not as if they're going to start giving a fuck about anyone else. 

You do realise a lot of these who “vote Tory” are the same ones who voted labour to give Blair his massive landslides?

I know you like to paint them as the pensioners, shires and bankers, but the folk who change governments are just average workers.

7 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

You do realise a lot of these who “vote Tory” are the same ones who voted labour to give Blair his massive landslides?

I know you like to paint them as the pensioners, shires and bankers, but the folk who change governments are just average workers.

Or as I like to call them "the easily led, malleable, simple to manipulate fools"  It's them who voted for Brexit too. Is any of this sounding close to home?.. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Or as I like to call them "the easily led, malleable, simple to manipulate fools"  It's them who voted for Brexit too. Is any of this sounding close to home?.. 

I call them thoughtful, politically aware and not sheep.

18 hours ago, Alex said:

I don't watch much BBC news or politics these days, but on the odd occasion it's clear that they're not great at striking a balance and favour attention grabbing guests/stories, than totally unbiased reporting.

2 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

In general when the libs are down as they are now, the UK reverts to an almost US situation where blocks vote labour or tory and its decided by those who don't have that loyalty and imo tend to vote selfishly. That suited Blair as a lot of those people wanted to be seen as being part of the zeitgest at the time.

The outlier now is the youth vote - I don't think they've got the same loyalty instinct so they're up for grabs and as the tories have ignored and shat on them for years, they were easy pickings for the non-traditional appeal of Corbyn. If they stay engaged its going to be hard for the tories to make inroads into that group as it stands.

I'd love to see a Spanish flu type culling of the old to at least reset the ground rules from the incredibly selfish hands of the baby boomers.

• Like 1

Still think if a GE shows up on the horizon, Labour should win it. The poll that came closest to predicting the outcome of the last GE is the one that has Labour 8 points ahead as well.

If they mobilise the youth vote, they'll win. Especially since they were on the defensive last time.

That said, I don't think we will get a GE any time soon.

4 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

I call them thoughtful, politically aware and not sheep.

Not sheep, those  who believe what they’re  told by politicians? :lol: 

Yes its cynical but but it’s very apparent to me we’ve been constantly lied to and belittled by those in power my entire adult life. Voting for any mainstream party is becoming a pointless act. A likely hung parliament with Corbyn at the helm will change fuck all. 

43 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Still think if a GE shows up on the horizon, Labour should win it. The poll that came closest to predicting the outcome of the last GE is the one that has Labour 8 points ahead as well.

If they mobilise the youth vote, they'll win. Especially since they were on the defensive last time.

That said, I don't think we will get a GE any time soon.

I'd like to see the Labour "rebels" and full party machinery actually give 100% at a general election as well.

2 minutes ago, NJS said:

I'd like to see the Labour "rebels" and full party machinery actually give 100% at a general election as well.

Yeah that remains to be seen though. They were clearly keen to avoid tarnishing their 'brand' last time out. They may think they'll get control of the party back if Corbyn fails this time, so they still may take a very backseat role.

But yeah, would be nice to see them come out swinging.

The CEO of Persimmon is due to receive a £132m bonus this year - the bonus scheme is linked to the share price, which went through the roof following the introduction of Help to Buy. He receives the first payment of £50m on new years eve. Money basically funneled directly from the public purse into his bank account. 

Good old Tories. 

12 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The CEO of Persimmon is due to receive a £132m bonus this year - the bonus scheme is linked to the share price, which went through the roof following the introduction of Help to Buy. He receives the first payment of £50m on new years eve. Money basically funneled directly from the public purse into his bank account. 

Good old Tories. 

They also themselves (directors and shareholders) buy shares to boost the price and then channel the bonuses, dividends and perks offshore to shell companies.

11 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I challenge anyone to watch Dianne Abbott’s interview on Marr today and tell me they’d feel confident in her as Home Secretary. :lol:

Let’s all laugh at the fat black lass part 2437. Meanwhile in the real world...

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/may/27/libya-fallout-theresa-may-failed-terror

If the media had properly been doing their jobs May should’ve been forced to resign over her actions as Home Secretary. But no, Tubs here and the rest of the sheep think a brain freeze on live tv is far more significant for cabinet ministers. They get the government they deserve but are too distracted and manipulated to recognise they’re being shafted. 

17 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Let’s all laugh at the fat black lass part 2437. Meanwhile in the real world...

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/may/27/libya-fallout-theresa-may-failed-terror

If the media had properly been doing their jobs May should’ve been forced to resign over her actions as Home Secretary. But no, Tubs here and the rest of the sheep think a brain freeze on live tv is far more significant for cabinet ministers. They get the government they deserve but are too distracted and manipulated to recognise they’re being shafted. 

Im not sure what her colour or weight has to do with it?

27 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Im not sure what her colour or weight has to do with it?

:lol: the most predictable retort of the year. You can’t recognise the inherent bigotry and misogyny that Diane Abbot is being subjected to? Why are you singling her out for criticism? Give me 5 good well  thought out reasons. Go on. Back your spineless self up for a change. 

51 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

:lol: the most predictable retort of the year. You can’t recognise the inherent bigotry and misogyny that Diane Abbot is being subjected to? Why are you singling her out for criticism? Give me 5 good well  thought out reasons. Go on. Back your spineless self up for a change. 

:lol:

i came in from work this afternoon, watched Marr, despaired at performance, asked a question (which as usual you’ve dodged).

Have you even watched it?