Politics

Christmas Tree

Just now, ewerk said:

Go on then, I'll bite. Why?

Just think he has a good brain on him and would do more with what’s available than Hammond. 

He’s done a very good job in his current position, has won support for his ideas from very different sources and comes up with answers to problems.

I read May described as one of those old Soviet leaders that would get stood in front of a window but no one knew if they were alive or not. Pretty hard to argue against.

19 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

He’s done a very good job in his current position, has won support for his ideas from very different sources and comes up with answers to problems.

What has he done in his current position that has impressed you?

9 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Fuck me CT you'll be telling us you're going to vote Labour next...

No, I think if they had different personnel at the top they’d be knocking it out the park about now but each time I see McDonnel promising the world and saying it’s only the rich who’ll pay they turn me off. It’s just dishonest. If we really want to spend Billiins then everyone needs to pay more tax.

Its a shame in a way about Red Ed. In the last year or so he’s come across very well. I’d vote for him now. But currently, the conservatives are clueless and Labour are dishonest even nasty.

Something has to give.

12 minutes ago, Alex said:

I'm fairly sure CT used to be a big Boris fan as well :lol:

On 4/19/2010 at 13:50, Christmas Tree said:

Boris is great btw

Of course May was also the greatest thing since sliced bread.

On 7/14/2016 at 12:52, Christmas Tree said:

:lol:

Watch the news and papers over the next few days, see the policies that now emerge and get ready for a very exciting Autumn statement. *bookmark*

She was talked about as "the safe pair of hands", yet she's come in and butchered the Notting hill set, not just a reshuffle, but an overhaul.

She's satisfied the 17 million leavers with 3 brexiters in top jobs.

She's revived Boris and brought on board all his labour and UKIP fans.

She's torn up Osbornes plans and looks set to do some very interesting fiscal things.

She's completely snatched every inch of the centre ground.

This is quite a revolution going on today.

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

:lol: Aye Boris was great in 2010 ;)

And in 2016 when you said you saw him as good Prime Minister material itt?

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

Is that your way of admitting that you were wrong?

Dont be silly :lol: 

After Cameron she looked the best of a “fag end government”. Obviously circumstances have played their part but she just isn’t a good leader, like Brown in a way.

13 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

No, I think if they had different personnel at the top they’d be knocking it out the park about now but each time I see McDonnel promising the world and saying it’s only the rich who’ll pay they turn me off. It’s just dishonest. If we really want to spend Billiins then everyone needs to pay more tax.

Its a shame in a way about Red Ed. In the last year or so he’s come across very well. I’d vote for him now. But currently, the conservatives are clueless and Labour are dishonest even nasty.

Something has to give.

You need to stop believing in all of them CT. Not only for your own sake, but for ours too :D

Labour won't win an outright majority, the Tory press will paint them as communists and enough will believe that they will establish a secret police force to enforce doctrine and gulags for dissenters. 

9 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Dont be silly :lol: 

After Cameron she looked the best of a “fag end government”. Obviously circumstances have played their part but she just isn’t a good leader, like Brown in a way.

Okay, let's take a look at your post and see what was wrong with every point.

On 7/14/2016 at 12:52, Christmas Tree said:

:lol:

Watch the news and papers over the next few days, see the policies that now emerge and get ready for a very exciting Autumn statement. *bookmark*

In that statement it was announced that government finances were to be £122bn worse off than was predicted six months earlier. Debt was to rise, economic growth and public spending was to fall.

She was talked about as "the safe pair of hands", yet she's come in and butchered the Notting hill set, not just a reshuffle, but an overhaul.

She has been anything but a safe pair of hands. She's been a walking disaster and an electoral liability, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory in the last election. 

She's satisfied the 17 million leavers with 3 brexiters in top jobs.

The Brexiters in her cabinet have been publically writing and briefing against her. She has time and time again failed to control her cabinet and seen multiple forced resignations.

She's revived Boris and brought on board all his labour and UKIP fans.

Boris has continually been a thorn in her side. For all the Labour and UKIP 'fans' you claimed he brought with him they lost a parliamentary majority at the last elections.

She's torn up Osbornes plans and looks set to do some very interesting fiscal things.

She has done absolutely nothing interest fiscally. 

She's completely snatched every inch of the centre ground.

She lost the election and has emboldened the right of the Tory party to espouse their shameful views.

This is quite a revolution going on today.

Her 'revolution' has achieved fuck all to improve the fortunes of this country.

So, will you admit that you were wrong?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ewerk said:

18 minutes ago, ewerk said:

As I said, disappointing ;)

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

That Maltby lass is on Sky News atm. The one Green was trying it on with. She looks like if Nigel Lawson did fancy dress as Nigella Lawson. 

She does, aye :lol:

The Chair of the 1922 Committee has reportedly pleaded with members to stop sending him letters demanding a leadership contest, as he's perilously close to the 48 required to trigger one.

And Rees-Mogg has come out today and said May needs to fundamentally change her approach to Brexit. 

Strong and stable. The shit is about to hit the fan for these arseholes. 

Rees Mogg is apparently making a big speech tonight which basically says the Government should stick to its manisfesto, Lancaster house, Florence views on Brexit rather than the watered down Brexit that seems to be gathering pace under the likes of Hammond.

Obviously, I agree with JRM and would rather Brexit was cancelled than end up with basically a poorer version of what we already have.

Bottom Line is that May is like a rabbit in the headlights and is trying to ride two horses with one arse. I think it’s time for a new broom or they might as well move over for Jeremy.

BTW, May talking about her own smear test during PMQ’s didn’t half spoil my lunch :(