Politics

Christmas Tree

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

Oh the good old days (not that old), when you could dress up as a nazi without people losing their shit :lol:

i wonder whats acceptable today that the snowflakes will taken away in 10-20 years. 

Would that have been in the early 1940s in Germany?

2 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Oh the good old days (not that old), when you could dress up as a nazi without people losing their shit :lol:

i wonder whats acceptable today that the snowflakes will taken away in 10-20 years. 

Aye but most of those dressing up as Nazi's then were actors in the many WWII films of the 50s and 60s not modern Royals, martial arts Conservative supporters attacking 'lefties' or a formula one bigwig and son of a known fascist.

8 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Aye but most of those dressing up as Nazi's then were actors in the many WWII films of the 50s and 60s not modern Royals, martial arts Conservative supporters attacking 'lefties' or a formula one bigwig and son of a known fascist.

Giveover, it’s been a tradition in this country since the war to dress us as Nazis, do the silly walk etc. It’s been a regular in every fancy dress shop, many a stag do and many a british comedian has donned the uniform and taken the piss. 

At what point did it move from a national pisstake and bit of fun to grossly offensive. Who decided.

Honesty the way this country’s going, all sorts of everyday harmless stuff will be frowned upon by the self appointed Mary Whitehouse brigade.

Wouldnt surprise me if in 10/20 years we are evil bastards for keeping pets. Little Johnny’s Rabbits, hamsters and Labrador will be snatched and released into the wild.

Worlds going mad.

Probably something to do with the six million Jews they slaughtered or the millions of others who died defeating the Nazis.

Namby pamby leftists.

Edited by ewerk

Dressing up as a Nazi - that favourite British pastime.

I remember the days ... there wasn’t weekend that went by when you didn’t see group of swastika-clad men, out on a stag do, goose-stepping through the bigg market. ‘Twas a golden era.

• Haha 1

Freddy Starr used to prance around dressed as a Nazi Saturday prime time on ITV in the 80’s 90’s As did many others. Who decided this sort of mockery should now be Not funny.

I mean yesterday we were were laughing at a joke about someone getting hold of a 13 year olds rape victims interview for use in a wankbank.

You couldn't move for people prancing around in Nazi uniforms on prime-time ITV in the 90s. Cilla's Blind Date used to send the happy couple to the Sudetenland for the weekend. Michael Barrymore's My Kind Of Volk was a big favourite. And Wolf off of Gladiators was originally going to be Schweinhund until the namby-pamby politically correct brigade had their way. :(

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Freddy Starr used to prance around dressed as a Nazi Saturday prime time on ITV in the 80’s 90’s As did many others. Who decided this sort of mockery should now be Not funny.

I mean yesterday we were were laughing at a joke about someone getting hold of a 13 year olds rape victims interview for use in a wankbank.

You get the chubby brown dvd for christmas every year don't you?

Tbf, if you're an insipid joke who wouldn't say boo to goose you need somewhere to showcase your outrageous banter. We're just lucky he's chosen this place.

• Like 1

On 07/02/2018 at 09:20, Christmas Tree said:

We used to have the black and white minstrel show too, happy days.