Politics

Christmas Tree

She's probably right though.  I am curious actually, what it is that all these MPs are looking for us to do. We are a nothing country now. Russia could have dropped a bomb in central London and we still probably wouldnt go to war over it.

3 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

And risk damaging all those Russian property investments? No chance.

Yup, Hyde Park One and the Shard are more effective deterrents than trident now. 

Seriously though, they have the means to hurt them via property but tories never mess with money. 

Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson, when asked how the Kremlin should respond to the expulsion of 23 Russian diplomats, said they should "go away and shut up". :lol:

Apparently he's ready to give Putin "a ruddy good bop on the nose". 

The same fella who wants to use Brexit to increase defence spending as a show of strength to the rest of the world. Because that's what will get them to stop laughing at us.

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson, when asked how the Kremlin should respond to the expulsion of 23 Russian diplomats, said they should "go away and shut up". :lol:

Apparently he's ready to give Putin "a ruddy good bop on the nose". 

He'd get someone else to do it on his behalf. Preferably a young working class kid from a deprived area who saw the military as their best chance of long-term employment.

• Like 2

Questions being raised about how likely Russia is to be behind the attack. Credible sounding people as well, like the guy involved in site visits to decommission the thing in the first place, and other chemwep experts. So clearly there are some people besides Corbyn who think that this isn't yet fully conclusive.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/mar/15/uks-claims-questioned-doubts-emerge-about-source-of-salisburys-novichok

I am not fully convinced it was Russia, yes they are the most likely but I don't see what they gained by this at all. The guy had been in their custody and was given to GB in a prisoner exchange. All this does is bring a shit show on Russia's head, Putin doesn't need it he was a definite winner in the next election anyway it's not like he needed to show his manliness.

Like I said in all probability it is Russia but I have nagging doubts.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

I am not fully convinced it was Russia, yes they are the most likely but I don't see what they gained by this at all. The guy had been in their custody and was given to GB in a prisoner exchange. All this does is bring a shit show on Russia's head, Putin doesn't need it he was a definite winner in the next election anyway it's not like he needed to show his manliness.

Like I said in all probability it is Russia but I have nagging doubts.

Yep. Certainly there's enough doubt in there to make it worth having someone in parliament actually ask that due process is followed anyway.

And I am yet to see any evidence that has been circulated to the public on why there is irrefutable proof that this came from Russia, especially since that article notes that the last time the nerve agent was used, it was because samples had been stolen from a lab :lol:

It's as if all of a sudden, on this issue, we are supposed to trust the Tories. And I'm ready to do so, once the international body in charge of assessing this stuff agrees with them.

6 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Yep. Certainly there's enough doubt in there to make it worth having someone in parliament actually ask that due process is followed anyway.

And I am yet to see any evidence that has been circulated to the public on why there is irrefutable proof that this came from Russia, especially since that article notes that the last time the nerve agent was used, it was because samples had been stolen from a lab :lol:

It's as if all of a sudden, on this issue, we are supposed to trust the Tories. And I'm ready to do so, once the international body in charge of assessing this stuff agrees with them.

I am never ready to trust the Tories.