Politics

Christmas Tree

57 minutes ago, adios said:

Well, obviously the OECD measures us against ourselves (which is ultimately what you're saying).  And those countries cited are very left-leaning.  Centrism has done great things for us (to a point) and maybe now it's time for us to take the next logical step.  It's also taken us to the brink of extinction.  We have things like AGILE (which has many positive qualities) showing us what businesses really want.  And it's all short-termist Consumerism with as little quality as can be gotten away with.  It's all about image, an image that can't ever be true/attainable as things stand.

I don't want to get bogged down in labels either, because it's easy to mix up Centrism and mixed economies for example, but it's fair to say that in many western countries, the separation of Corporation and State is now more important than Church and State every was.  It's quite clearly at odds with the needs of the average person, which is what government is supposed to be looking out for.

I guess we really need to get into the nitty-gritty of policy if we're to avoid labels and we'll agree on many of the principles (that Corbyn embodies more than parliamentary Labour, is it fair to say?).  What is it that you think stands between his goals and the reality?

The poor are not being looked after in the West, and that's going to be almost all of us in 20 years.  I'd be very worried if I had kids.

And maybe the Scandinavians/Finns are educated enough to take Vitamin D supplements. ;)  

AGILE as in the software development methodology?

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

Syria chemical attacks.

Should we get involved as part of a coalition or stay away?

Let’s not rush to judgement until we know for sure that Syria were behind this.

Edited by ewerk
  • Haha 1

I did.  Not that I'm sure of the relevance at this point.

Are you happy with people like McKinsey rolling out company-wide implementations of the system (some completely in opposition to the original manifesto?)

9 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Maybe the Beeb reckon Farage having a show on LBC is something they need to imitate. :dunno: 

I don't know what the fuck has happened to the BBC in recent years. Their news is truly awful. R4 was the last bastion, and now they are broadcasting hate speeches? What's the purpose of this? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

The Empire did nothing wrong…

Was thinking about our colonial past in relation to the notion we'll trade with the Commonwealth more post-Brexit. Apart from the impracticalities (and the fact there's nothing really preventing us doing it anyway) they can't stand us for what we did :lol:

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

Was thinking about our colonial past in relation to the notion we'll trade with the Commonwealth more post-Brexit. Apart from the impracticalities (and the fact there's nothing really preventing us doing it anyway) they can't stand us for what we did :lol:

Yeah, apparently us leaving the EU will remove a big impediment to trade with India. 

For the EU.

• Haha 1