Politics

Christmas Tree

Just now, Sonatine said:

He's one of those fellas you just need to take one look at and guess that he's a cunt.

I don't know if that's supposed to be an upskirt analogy but I like it.

• Haha 2

his wiki page read like a greatest hits of political cuntry. some highlights: 

he was responsible for steering through the "Community Charge" (popularly known as the Poll tax) legislation. 

On 10 February 2009, he called for the minimum wage to be abolished. His Employment Opportunities Bill would, according to Chope, introduce more freedom to the job market and decrease unemployment

In the expenses scandal, it emerged that Chope claimed £136,992 parliamentary expenses in 2007/08. This included claiming £881 to repair a sofa.

In October 2010, Chope helped host a meeting of climate-science sceptics at Westminster

On 11 October 2011, Chope raised an eleventh-hour objection to the Hillsborough debate taking place because he believed a debate about MPs' pensions was more important. Cries of "shame" echoed around the chamber 

He came under criticism in late 2014 for repeatedly blocking a bill that would ban the use of wild animals in circus performances

On 28 November 2014 Chope, a private landlord, filibustered a Liberal Democrat bill with cross party support intended to make revenge evictions an offence.

In October 2015, Chope joined fellow Conservative members Philip Davies and David Nuttall in extended speeches, against a private member's bill that would have placed restrictions on hospital parking charges for carers. Their actions caused the bill to run out of time.

Edited by Dr Gloom

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

he was responsible for steering through the "Community Charge" (popularly known as the Poll tax) legislation. 

On 10 February 2009, he called for the minimum wage to be abolished. His Employment Opportunities Bill would, according to Chope, introduce more freedom to the job market and decrease unemployment

In the expenses scandal, it emerged that Chope claimed £136,992 parliamentary expenses in 2007/08. This included claiming £881 to repair a sofa.

In October 2010, Chope helped host a meeting of climate-science sceptics at Westminster

On 11 October 2011, Chope raised an eleventh-hour objection to the Hillsborough debate taking place because he believed a debate about MPs' pensions was more important. Cries of "shame" echoed around the chamber 

He came under criticism in late 2014 for repeatedly blocking a bill that would ban the use of wild animals in circus performances

On 28 November 2014 Chope, a private landlord, filibustered a Liberal Democrat bill with cross party support intended to make revenge evictions an offence.

In October 2015, Chope joined fellow Conservative members Philip Davies and David Nuttall in extended speeches, against a private member's bill that would have placed restrictions on hospital parking charges for carers. Their actions caused the bill to run out of time.

Tbf to him though, this just makes him an honest Tory. As opposed to a standard one.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Bet he keeps his shoes nice and shiny. 

Seriously, I notice this cunt has an OBE. Sums up this country. 

11 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Tbf to him though, this just makes him an honest Tory. As opposed to a standard one.

Fair point

32 minutes ago, Renton said:

Bet he keeps his shoes nice and shiny. 

Seriously, I notice this cunt has an OBE. Sums up this country. 

He's been knighted by the looks of it. 'Arise, Sir Cunt' 

Yep, there's your honours system in a nutshell.

http://southendnewsnetwork.net/news/tory-mp-sir-christopher-chope-humiliated-after-someone-takes-photo-of-his-crotch-outside-parliament/

The Conservative MP Sir Christopher Chope was humiliated this afternoon after a member of the public ‘took a photo of his crotch’ shortly after he left the Houses of Parliament.

According to a witness, the camera user walked up to the Member for Christchurch, said ‘phwoaar I’m gonna get me some of that’ and then used his iPhone 6 to get a number of shots of his frontal trouser area before proceeding to upload them to various Instagram accounts with a large following.’

He added, ‘The whole thing was over in a matter of seconds. I remember hearing the MP say, ‘Wow. That was pretty humiliating. Someone should make a law against this kind of thing.’

‘Only a gammonised fossil would oppose some genre of legislation to make such an intrusive act illegal.’

‘I think I will start a campaign against cock snapping.’

:lol:

1 hour ago, Sonatine said:

:lol:

This should become a thing. Everybody who meets him in public should photograph his crotch and upload it. After all, it's not illegal is it? 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

He also blocked another bill today making it an offence to attack a police horse or dog.

Why? That just makes no sense at all

3 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Sense and Utter Cuntery are not often bedfellows. 

But I mean, it’s just weird, bad weird. 

I would imagine it’s his way at getting back at May for not delivering the hard Brexit he wants. Ie just acting like a total cunt and knowing her fragile coalition government makes it difficult for her to do much about it 

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Apparently he opposes private member bills on principle cos he thinks laws should be properly debated, not pushed through.

I’ll tell you what like, they pick some odd things to be principled about. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Properly debated? :D

“ Is it ok to take surreptitious photos up a lasses skirt?”

” No.”

” Pass the bill”. 

"No, no, no. Let me see some examples of this so called upskirting first [phwoarrr]".

Couldn’t believe this when I heard about it. Apparently it’s something to do with extreme  libertarian ideology (from memory @adios will know about that) and is designed to stop poor laws been passed without proper debate / procedure..... but fucking hell.

Unbelievable.

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

Couldn’t believe this when I heard about it. Apparently it’s something to do with extreme  libertarian ideology (from memory @adios will know about that) and is designed to stop poor laws been passed without proper debate / procedure..... but fucking hell.

Unbelievable.

Aye, I thought there was a smell of libertardian about the couple of his votes that were mentioned.

So I was reading that he blocked it, not because he disagreed with the bill, which he cross-party support, but on the grounds that he doesn’t like private members bills. 

This is despte him bringing 50 or so private members bills to the house himself. So you can add hypocrite to his general cuntry