Politics

Christmas Tree

2 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Couldn’t believe this when I heard about it. Apparently it’s something to do with extreme  libertarian ideology (from memory @adios will know about that) and is designed to stop poor laws been passed without proper debate / procedure..... but fucking hell.

Unbelievable.

Unbelievable 

19 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

:lol:

Apparently May repeatedly blocked Javid's attempts to raise this Billy Caldwell medicinal cannabis issue at Cabinet this morning because "it's not on the agenda". :lol:

Like Gareth Keenan from the Office. 

The best bit is, according to the UN's International Narcotics Control Board, the UK is the world's largest exporter of medicinal cannabis.

44 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

:lol:

Apparently May repeatedly blocked Javid's attempts to raise this Billy Caldwell medicinal cannabis issue at Cabinet this morning because "it's not on the agenda". :lol:

‘Sajid, I’ll just speak over you. Go on, try and finish your sentence and see what I do.’

I see that Boris 'I'll lie down in front of the bulldozers' Johnson is conveniently out of the country for today's vote on the Heathrow expansion.

He's nothing if not a man of his word.

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

I see that Boris 'I'll lie down in front of the bulldozers' Johnson is conveniently out of the country for today's vote on the Heathrow expansion.

He's nothing if not a man of his word.

And that word is cunt ;)

Caroline Lucas on Johnson:

The fact that Boris Johnson is set to miss the vote truly underlines his utter spinelessness. He stood against Heathrow as a point of principle - and has now fled the country to save his job, and maintain his disastrous political career. Boris Johnson said he’d lie down in front the bulldozers at Heathrow - but instead he’s now bowing out of politics for the day and bulldozing what is left of his own reputation.

"I have long been an opponent of a third runway at Heathrow and that is why I am not voting for it tonight," he wrote.

"It is clear from what is likely to be a large majority of MPs who are in favour of a third runway that my resignation would have achieved absolutely nothing."

"In view of the very considerable difficulties that still face the third runway - its cost and the appalling air and noise pollution entailed by the project - I believe it will be a very long time before we have to make good on that pledge; if indeed a third runway ever comes about."

So much for cabinet collective responsibility.