Politics

Christmas Tree

23 hours ago, Alex said:

Yep, whilst not actually committing to anything concrete such as a proposal to ban the burka in public places. Not to mention the fact that he spends his entire life looking ridiculous (literally and metaphorically).

Sounds like that other useful idiot Bannon is in league with :cuppa:

Wonder if Boris would've got away with saying "those odd ooking fellows in beards and hats from Golders Green look like something from the 19th century"...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Fuck me, this is a lad from news at ten. What chance you got when easily starstruck divvies like this lap up Johnson's phoney bullshit?

Man of the people tbh.

"I was there because I wanted to see a fitting memorial to everyone who has died in every terrorist incident everywhere, because we have to end it.

It’s basically the new, ‘I condemn all forms of racism’ line.

2 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Fuck me, this is a lad from news at ten. What chance you got when easily starstruck divvies like this lap up Johnson's phoney bullshit?

He has clearly raided the servants’ quarters for those mugs.

’Man of the people’.

Tbf, laying a wreath for terrorists is pretty low down the scale of shit that's happened in UK&US politics over the last 12 months. I doubt he will resign

It's a shame that Corbyn seems incapable of staying on the right side of the fence when itcomes to believing in political causes (Irish independence, free Palestine) Vs supporting people who murder in the name of said causes

• Like 2

Cynical but plausible tweet from Frankie Boyle suggesting the wreath thing is one of a pile they have which are being kept for the election which they've dipped into because Johnson is in trouble. 

Being a naive/principled former non-entity unfortunately means there's more shit like this to come. 

• Like 1

Corbyn has been an unmitigated disaster for the entire country now, let alone the Labour party. I detest him almost as much as the Tory cunts. Not providing an opposition at this time in history is simply unforgivable. If he cared remotely about the country, he'd resign. But he won't, and will give the most right wing party in living history free reign to wreck the country as they see fit. 

• Like 1

What's a "proper opposition" then? 

They don't have the numbers to vote down any whipped vote and Im still not convinced going remain would make any difference. 

On polls you have to accept that about  40% of this country are either proper tories or brexit enough that they'll vote for them no matter what. 

A more competent leader might make a marginal difference but if they go Blairite they'll lose most of the motivated youth who've joined. We'd then be back to relying on the mood of centrists with nothing even vaguely left wing considered.

By the way do you think Milliband or Kinnock were effective oppositions? If so how? 

Corbyn has continually failed to land a glove on the Tories. Does he even do media? I can't remember the last time I saw him do an indepth interview in any format. He can go round the country talking to the converted but that isn't going to win the votes needed to get him into power. The media are doing a smear job on him but he refuses to do anything to counter it.

14 minutes ago, NJS said:

What's a "proper opposition" then? 

They don't have the numbers to vote down any whipped vote and Im still not convinced going remain would make any difference. 

On polls you have to accept that about  40% of this country are either proper tories or brexit enough that they'll vote for them no matter what. 

A more competent leader might make a marginal difference but if they go Blairite they'll lose most of the motivated youth who've joined. We'd then be back to relying on the mood of centrists with nothing even vaguely left wing considered.

By the way do you think Milliband or Kinnock were effective oppositions? If so how? 

You have to consider who he is up against. Has there ever been a weaker, less popular, divided government? You don't get the fact that Corbyn is hated by millions of people like myself. Laying wreathes for Muslim terrorists ffs, how is that in anyway acceptable? 

Yes, even Kinnock and Miliband would wipe the floor with the present incumbents, and I mean by a landslide. 

And, just a bit of irony here. Has anyone noticed that Corbyn the anti-semite looks stereotypically Jewish? He could easily get the part of Fagan in Oliver. 

Edited by Renton

1 minute ago, Renton said:

And, just a bit of irony here. Has anyone noticed that Corbyn the anti-semite looks stereotypically Jewish? He could easily get the part of Fagan in Oliver. 

The mask slips, Adolf!

• Haha 2