Politics

Christmas Tree

7 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

No he won't.

At some point, I'm going to have to read some manner of detailed explanation as to why that statement is anti-Semitic. I could understand "Jewish people having a homeland is a racist endeavour" being a problem, but not "Israel".

More importantly though, the dumbfucks who have done this - presumably - are on Corbyn's side in the whole thing. And now they're just causing him problems. I wouldn't be surprised if it was May herself who ran around putting them up.

His silence has emboldened these dickheads. You can no longer blame the MSM alone for pushing this narrative. All he has to do is follow Kahn's lead, which of course he won't. 

39 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Are you trying to be obtuse, Israel is the Jewish people having a homeland.

Come on man, having a homeland and having it be this specific iteration are not the same thing.

11 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Come on man, having a homeland and having it be this specific iteration are not the same thing.

WTF seriously Israel is the Jewish homeland and has been for centuries it was only taken off them by invasions. The initial endeavour of Israel was to give the persecuted Jews a homeland, it was not about displacing Palestinians. That came about later. I am honestly dumbfounded you don't get that.

5 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

WTF seriously Israel is the Jewish homeland and has been for centuries it was only taken off them by invasions. The initial endeavour of Israel was to give the persecuted Jews a homeland, it was not about displacing Palestinians. That came about later. I am honestly dumbfounded you don't get that.

I do get that. We're arguing over the semantic difference between "the" and "a". If we gave every invaded country back to its original people, the world would look rather different, I feel. Certainly Europe would.

Look, I don't care enough anymore to go through this again tbh, I should have just kept my nose out. I will say that whoever is hanging up those posters is doing no one on the left any favours - but the left shooting itself in the foot isn't exactly new.

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

No he won't.

At some point, I'm going to have to read some manner of detailed explanation as to why that statement is anti-Semitic. I could understand "Jewish people having a homeland is a racist endeavour" being a problem, but not "Israel".

More importantly though, the dumbfucks who have done this - presumably - are on Corbyn's side in the whole thing. And now they're just causing him problems. I wouldn't be surprised if it was May herself who ran around putting them up.

She's not that competent. The full-on Corbyn nutters are that stupid though

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

I do get that. We're arguing over the semantic difference between "the" and "a". If we gave every invaded country back to its original people, the world would look rather different, I feel. Certainly Europe would.

Look, I don't care enough anymore to go through this again tbh, I should have just kept my nose out. I will say that whoever is hanging up those posters is doing no one on the left any favours - but the left shooting itself in the foot isn't exactly new.

this is why people think corbyn is an antisemite though. so it's important, and his silence is not only damaging the party but it is emboldening a group who have no place in left-wing politics.

we can argue about the semantics of the IHRA definition of antisemitism all day, but why does he continue to insist on qualifying something which is globally-recognised? it's good enough for the rest of the world, but not for corbyn. is it because he's an antisemite or because he wants to protect a growing wing of his supporters who reject israel's right to exist? 

i don't think he is an antisemite, but he's picked sides in several conflicts, it's not just israel-paelstine, and his refusal to budge an inch makes him unfit to lead. 

19 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i don't think he is an antisemite, but he's picked sides in several conflicts, it's not just israel-paelstine, and his refusal to budge an inch makes him unfit to lead. 

It's because he believes that he is morally superior to everyone else.

Imagine the level of self respect you'd have to have to even marry that cunt, never mind let him rack up three affairs (that you know of). I know this is victim shaming but she married Boris Johnson, so fuck her.

I'd be curious to understand their motivations though. Are they really about supremacy or is there a pragmatic reason for it...

Either way, I still don't understand why a country that isn't a threat to the UK in any way (despite being racist), is the Labour party's main foreign policy issue right now.