Politics

Christmas Tree

55 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I’m afraid a lot of you just don’t get it, in the same way you dismiss the way Thatcher re-invigorated the country in the 80’s. 

We may may not be an imperial power house any more but we are still the worlds 5th largest economy with a hell of a lot of influence in the world in all sorts of ways whether that’s our soft power, our universities, our language, our tech sector or our service sector of law and finance.

95% of the worlds growth is outside of Europe and we will be far better placed outside of the EU to take advantage of that growth. The EU still has lots of eurozone financial issues under the surface and also are heading to a much more federal position.

We are finally going to have a sensible immigration policy that caters for the UK’s needs, not just a source of cheap labour.

I see nothing but a very positive future for this country and think we will look back in a few years and wonder why we didn’t do it sooner.

Hmmm. We are actually 6th biggest economy now. There are two EU countries in the top 5. Two are economic superpowers, and Japan is also far stronger than we will ever be. EU has just got an FTA with Japan which we are about to lose, al9ng with every other FTA and treaty. Genius.

With less than 1% of the world population, we are distinctly small fry. There's a good reason that globally all nations outside the super powers are forming regional blocks. Except us. How are Liam's trade deals going btw?

56 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Which countries will be doing trade with that we don’t currently?

Im sure you already know this but....

Theres a great deal of difference between having the flexibility to do our own “Free” trade deals in our “own” interests than deals that are part of 27 countries that are skewered to “others” interests.

4 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Theres a great deal of difference between having the flexibility to do our own “Free” trade deals in our “own” interests than deals that are part of 27 countries that are skewered to “others” interests.

Yes, there’s a big difference when our market is a fraction of the size of the EU’s.

So which countries will be doing trade with that we don’t currently?

19 minutes ago, Renton said:

Hmmm. We are actually 6th biggest economy now. There are two EU countries in the top 5. Two are economic superpowers, and Japan is also far stronger than we will ever be. EU has just got an FTA with Japan which we are about to lose, al9ng with every other FTA and treaty. Genius.

With less than 1% of the world population, we are distinctly small fry. There's a good reason that globally all nations outside the super powers are forming regional blocks. Except us. How are Liam's trade deals going btw?

We are not going to lose any deals. All these countries will still want trade with us and we’ll be able to get better deals because both sides will be able to focus on just areas that are mutually beneficial to each other without the EU’s external tarrifs getting in the way.

On top of that we are free to focus on the real growth areas of the world.

21 minutes ago, Renton said:

we get fuck all coverage in the US. few world leaders care much about the uk as an actor on the global stage. we are not the big deal we once were. time we accepted our place in the new world order and acted in the national interest. that means not making the country significantly poorer just to resolve a decades-old row in the tory party. 

You’ve continually dodged the question for the obvious reason that you don’t know the answer. You’re just putting faith in the likes of our Foreign and Trade Ministers despite the fact they’ve consistently proven themselves to be useless.

33 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Fuck off and get fucked to death by a Rhino you cunt.

32 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

We are not going to lose any deals. All these countries will still want trade with us and we’ll be able to get better deals because both sides will be able to focus on just areas that are mutually beneficial to each other without the EU’s external tarrifs getting in the way.

On top of that we are free to focus on the real growth areas of the world.

We're not going to lose any deals we've got presently through the EU? How the fuck do you work that one out? May admitted this week we'd be back to WTO rules, but there are massive difficulties even there. It will take years or decades to sort out, by which time how much industry and agriculture will we have left?

Even the most ardent ERG members admit now we will take a hit economically. They claim it's worth it for sovereignty or such blocks. But you are still stuck on 6he sunny uplands unicorn narrative. Get up to date tubs. 

27 minutes ago, ewerk said:

You’ve continually dodged the question for the obvious reason that you don’t know the answer. You’re just putting faith in the likes of our Foreign and Trade Ministers despite the fact they’ve consistently proven themselves to be useless.

Not dodged. You either didn’t understand the benefits of a one to one deal or chose to ignore.

This is well worth a read to explain the difficulties Nissan and all JIT firms face with no deal. The facts of that factory are amazing, millions of parts fitted every day. I know you don't like information or reading tubs, but I recommend you try and understand as it will impact your livelihood.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/oct/04/will-nissan-stay-once-britain-leaves-sunderland-brexit-business-dilemma

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

Not dodged. You either didn’t understand the benefits of a one to one deal or chose to ignore.

Name a specific example? Just one, I dare you. I double dare you.

Think Gove mentioned pig ears last year but even that was debunked. 

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Which countries will be doing trade with that we don’t currently.

You were blowing about all the new trade deals we’d get. Now you seem resigned to improving the ones that we have.

10 minutes ago, Renton said:

We're not going to lose any deals we've got presently through the EU? How the fuck do you work that one out? May admitted this week we'd be back to WTO rules, but there are massive difficulties even there. It will take years or decades to sort out, by which time how much industry and agriculture will we have left?

I can only assume you are talking about a no deal scenario which IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

This is well worth a read to explain the difficulties Nissan and all JIT firms face with no deal. The facts of that factory are amazing, millions of parts fitted every day. I know you don't like information or reading tubs, but I recommend you try and understand as it will impact your livelihood.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/oct/04/will-nissan-stay-once-britain-leaves-sunderland-brexit-business-dilemma

See my other post.

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

I can only assume you are talking about a no deal scenario which IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

No, I'm talking any deal. We will be a third country and will have to renogiate every deal we have through the EU. Other third countries will seek to improve their deals with us from their perspective. We'll have less leverage and have to accept worse deals. Common sense. 

Yeah, read his other post(s) that avoid answering the question(s) posed too. That'll be fun. Meanwhile, he won't read the article you posted.

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

See my other post.

Right, you said you want a Canada plus deal, right? That's hard Brexit. All the issues in that article relate to us being out the single market and customs union, which is EXACTLY what you fucking want. :lol:

6 minutes ago, Renton said:

Name a specific example? Just one, I dare you. I double dare you.

Think Gove mentioned pig ears last year but even that was debunked. 

:lol: Double dare with jam on.

Eu external tarrifs eg:

36% on dairy products

12% on clothing

11% on food

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

Yeah, read his other post(s) that avoid answering the question(s) posed too. That'll be fun. Meanwhile, he won't read the article you posted.

It's like arguing with mince, only less satisfying and useful. 

6 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

:lol: Double dare with jam on.

Eu external tarrifs eg:

36% on dairy products

12% on clothing

11% on food

Firstly, ave you heard of economic gravity? We get most these things from the EU because they're our neighbours. Particularly important for food. Admitedly, we could get clothes from an Indian sweat shop cheaper, but not without reciprocal deals on immigration etc. Not worth it. 

Secondly, the EU already has favourable FTAs with most the world (Eg zero food tariffs with Africa). We will lose that as a third country. Just do some basic research ffs. 

Edited by Renton

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

No, I'm talking any deal. We will be a third country and will have to renogiate every deal we have through the EU. Other third countries will seek to improve their deals with us from their perspective. We'll have less leverage and have to accept worse deals. Common sense. 

We don’t have to accept anything, but yes, deals will be agreed that benefit both countries more than they do now.

3 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

We don’t have to accept anything, but yes, deals will be agreed that benefit both countries more than they do now.

Hope they're easier to arrange than the cracking one we were meant to be getting with the EU

Edited by Alex