Politics

Christmas Tree

Just now, ewerk said:

It isn't what you know, it's what you can prove.

So the police have no evidence of it being such, the video has no evidence of it being such, and as far as I know, the victim himself hasn't come forward to say as much. But the press found a Facebook page belonging to the kids parents so it is. 

I mean thats a very 2018 conclusion. 

14 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

the victim himself hasn't come forward to say as much

Weird that you were so quick to defend the women in the Weinstein case who took years to come forward because of the inherent power structures working against them, then, but okay.

4 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Weird that you were so quick to defend the women in the Weinstein case who took years to come forward because of the inherent power structures working against them, then, but okay.

I was? And just... what :lol: you feel this lad hasn't had the opportunity, with all the media fanfare, to come forward and say it was a racist attack? I dont know what planet some people live on sometimes...

If you're happy to hearsay a verdict of racial hatred then go for it. It's the kind of superficial, judgmental view the racists come out with when they accuse Syrians of all being rapists, but ok.

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

I was? And just... what :lol: you feel this lad hasn't had the opportunity, with all the media fanfare, to come forward and say it was a racist attack? I dont know what planet some people live on sometimes...

If you're happy to hearsay a verdict of racial hatred then go for it. It's the kind of superficial, judgmental view the racists come out with when they accuse Syrians of all being rapists, but ok.

As long as we're clear you think white women are more important than brown men. :good:

41 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

This absolute spanner, honestly. :lol:

How on earth has he come to that conclusion?

So thats Maths and Geography that aren't his strong suits...wonder what his strong suits are

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

???? I’m probably woooshed, but he’s just confirming the news that has been everywhere from the FT to the Guardian this week?

Going off the diagram hes wrong, eyeing it it looks as though the fastest rise (ie the steepest upward trend) is actually the period between 2014 and 2016 or possibly just into 2016.

From a wider point of view the graph shows that wages have stagnated badly since the brexit vote. 16-18 shows no overall rise. Which makes him look stupid considering his other views and positions taken publicly.

From an even wider one, 8 of the 10 years shown are under conservative governments and, despite the fact it was on the down before they came to power, we're still not back to the level we were before Cameron became PM in 2010.

Looking at the "current level" dashed line it looks like we're currently at 2011 level.

Basically this is the sort of graph that a Conservative MP should be avoiding publicising at all costs, since it shows they've done the square root of nothing to improve wages since getting power. Instead he's made himself look a tit by showing it off and claiming it as a positive.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

???? I’m probably woooshed, but he’s just confirming the news that has been everywhere from the FT to the Guardian this week?

Wages are still lower than they were when the Tories took over you tit.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Basically this is the sort of graph that a Conservative MP should be avoiding publicising at all costs, since it shows they've done the square root of nothing to improve wages since getting power. Instead he's made himself look a tit by showing it off and claiming it as a positive.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Wages are still lower than they were when the Tories took over you tit.

But that’s not what he’s saying :lol: 

He’s saying exactly the same as the ONS, the FT, the Guardian, the beeb. 

In other words, he’s right. :lol:

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Going off the diagram hes wrong, eyeing it it looks as though the fastest rise (ie the steepest upward trend) is actually the period between 2014 and 2016 or possibly just into 2016.

From a wider point of view the graph shows that wages have stagnated badly since the brexit vote. 16-18 shows no overall rise. Which makes him look stupid considering his other views and positions taken publicly.

From an even wider one, 8 of the 10 years shown are under conservative governments and, despite the fact it was on the down before they came to power, we're still not back to the level we were before Cameron became PM in 2010.

Looking at the "current level" dashed line it looks like we're currently at 2011 level.

Nice try, but his maths are spot on. Yours however :lol:

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

:lol: He literally isn’t worth it 

He's not.

I thought, in an attempt to better myself, I would try a different approach, just answer the question, nothing remotely objectionable or even an opinion, just some actual facts.

He still can't just say "oh right, ok" or even offer a counter point to prove my maths or interpretation is wrong. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Andrew said:

He's not.

I thought, in an attempt to better myself, I would try a different approach, just answer the question, nothing remotely objectionable or even an opinion, just some actual facts.

He still can't just say "oh right, ok" or even offer a counter point to prove my maths or interpretation is wrong. 

One of CT's many skills is a complete lack of abiliity to understand or interpret graphical or numerical data. Instead, he just believes whatever politicians of his tribe tell him, uncritically. Hes not alone, which is why the country is fucked. Gammon's dont think. 

He’s thick, man. Not sure what’s funnier (yet more depressing at the same time) Raab drawing that conclusion from that graph or people like CT just accepting and having no concept as to why we’re laughing at him. It’s about as simple a graphical representation of data as you can get. Guess that’s what happens when you take a perverse pride in never having read a book. 

• Like 1