Politics

Christmas Tree

21 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

It is an actual fault. He is driving Jewish people away from the Labour Party.

For Umuna it was about Brexit, again perfectly understandable. 

Tom Watson nails it 

Nails what? He's another one peddling the line about antisemitism in the Labour Party without actually explaining where or what it is? He's on a par with Corbyn for being fucking useless

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Right so even though the party’s deputy leader called on the party to take a stronger stance on their antisemitism problem you still don’t think it exists? Fucking clueless.

Tom Watson ffs :lol: He takes his cues off the media to score points against Corbyn. What's he done about this problem like? 

1 minute ago, NJS said:

Tbf the highest profile anti-semitism case did result in decisive expulsion - Ken Livingstone. 

What the actual fuck are you talking about? He resigned after being suspended for two years. He had been making anti Semitic comments for thirty years before that. It’s definitely not the case you want to use to support your view.

8 minutes ago, ewerk said:

What the actual fuck are you talking about? He resigned after being suspended for two years. He had been making anti Semitic comments for thirty years before that. It’s definitely not the case you want to use to support your view.

He was suspended for 2 years and pushed out shortly after his return. It was clear at the time the resignation wasn't voluntary. Yet its also proof Labour is antisemitic under Corbyn? 

If he'd been making those comments for 30 years why werent any previous Labour leaders hammered for leading an anti Semitic party too?

We are going to have too agree to disagree on this one

Edited by Kid Dynamite

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

He was suspended for 2 years and pushed out shortly after his return. It was clear at the time the resignation wasn't voluntary. Yet its also proof Labour is antisemitic under Corbyn? 

We are going to have too agree to disagree on this one

It’s further proof that Labour were incredibly slow to seriously deal with their antisemitism problem. Look at the fiasco over the implementation of the IHRA. It’s not like you have to look too hard to find these examples. It’s honestly amazing that you’ve missed literally all the accusations of antisemitism over the past few years.

Obviously I feel that it's a bullshit narrative pulled out of almost thin air to discredit Corbyn at a time when very little else was working.

Doesn't mean it shouldn't have been stamped out as a lipservice move as any other political party would do.

Edited by Rayvin

57 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Nails what? He's another one peddling the line about antisemitism in the Labour Party without actually explaining where or what it is? He's on a par with Corbyn for being fucking useless

He nails Corbyn’s lack of leadership on this issues This has been coming and Corbyn hasn’t done enough to prevent it, mainly because he refuses to be pragmatic about anything, which is why I doubt he’ll ever govern.

Read this from a Jewish councillor who also resigned today. 

https://medium.com/@adamlangleben/my-resignation-from-the-labour-party-fa330afacb86

Gloom, as a Jewish man do you feel under threat from hard left thugs - am I just not seeing this somehow? I'm curious as to how exactly a few anti-Zionist conspiracy nutters are actually impacting anything. I know it's a slippery slope etc.

Derek Hatton has rejoined and Galloway expected to. Well done you Corbynistas, youve given the keys of the party to the lunatics and utterly destroyed any notion of an opposition this country had. Dont say you weren't warned. Idiots. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NJS said:

The opposition who abstained in the welfare bill? 

I'm not going to deny that Labour got their strategy hopelessly wrong under the wrong Miliband. He was a coward. But what an utter shit show its been under Corbyn. He's been worse than my worst nightmare. Even the deputy thinks so. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Gloom, as a Jewish man do you feel under threat from hard left thugs - am I just not seeing this somehow? I'm curious as to how exactly a few anti-Zionist conspiracy nutters are actually impacting anything. I know it's a slippery slope etc.

I don’t personally, no. It’s obvious that these antisemitic nutters you speak of are on the rise though. J69 called for evidence - all you need to do is look at Twitter, and Labour, my political party, the party of tolerance, hasn’t done enough to make these people feel their voice has no place.

just when Corbyn’s lack of leadership couldn’t sound more gobsmacking, Luciana Berger reveals he hasn’t spoken to her for 14 months. Is it any surprise she couldn’t bring herself to support him in public after over a year of the silent treatment? What a berk  

I think Berger has been a true victim and I fell sorry for her but I'd make the point that random cunts on twitter aren't necessarily party members or officials. 

Some NUFC fans post horrific racist and other bigoted shite but I think holding the club to account is expecting a bit much - though I would expect complaints against ST holders to be followed up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NJS said:

I think Berger has been a true victim and I fell sorry for her but I'd make the point that random cunts on twitter aren't necessarily party members or officials. 

Some NUFC fans post horrific racist and other bigoted shite but I think holding the club to account is expecting a bit much - though I would expect complaints against ST holders to be followed up. 

How do you feel about Hatton rejoining? 

It's bad publicity but I'm sure there are plenty of other members as or more extreme. 

I do honestly think the party should be a broad church but people who actively say they'd rather have a tory government than a Labour one led by Corbyn have no place. 

As I said yesterday rejecting a moderately left wing manifesto they benefitted from in terms of their majorities is a bit much without calling a by-election. 

2 minutes ago, NJS said:

It's bad publicity but I'm sure there are plenty of other members as or more extreme. 

I do honestly think the party should be a broad church but people who actively say they'd rather have a tory government than a Labour one led by Corbyn have no place. 

As I said yesterday rejecting a moderately left wing manifesto they benefitted from in terms of their majorities is a bit much without calling a by-election. 

I'd rather have a tory government led by a moderate wet like Clarke or Major than a Labour one under Corbyn. There, I said it. Not May or any of her likely replacements though. I cannot see Corbyn being anything other than a complete disaster, not that he will ever be in power. 

I support the 7, Hatton can fuck off and die.