Politics

Christmas Tree

41 minutes ago, Tom said:

This guys policies are fucking excellent like. 

Except he refuses to take a stance on Brexit. He’d fit right in the shadow cabinet.

Edited by ewerk

1 hour ago, Tom said:

This guys policies are fucking excellent like. 

From the chronic:

1. Build social housing - use a cooperative model to build fair-rent, eco-friendly homes that cannot be privatised and would be communally owned by tenants.  

2. Establish a people’s bank - a “democratically owned” bank which will offer current accounts, savings accounts, mortgages and business banking. Profits to be reinvested in the region.  

3. Support worker-owned local businesses by favouring local suppliers for public sector contracts over large firms. 

4. Declare a "climate emergency" and create a regional energy company. 

5. Set up an equalities unit - to evaluate every policy for its impact on gender, ethnicity and disability.

Hmm, I'm not convinced as a major of a provincial city area these are my priorities. Sorting out transport would be. I mean point 5, seriously?

46 minutes ago, Renton said:

From the chronic:

Hmm, I'm not convinced as a major of a provincial city area these are my priorities. Sorting out transport would be. I mean point 5, seriously?

Clearly they aren't government priorities. Forcing it from the ground up seems sensible to me.

I think the point is that they may grow to more than 11.

Though more importantly it may give the moderates more leverage in their battles with their party leaders. Thus far Theresa May has pretty much ignored them, she can no longer afford to.

Edited by ewerk

20 minutes ago, NJS said:

Yeah, 11 MPs are going to be able to do what 290 haven't been able to. 

I never said they would and they probably won’t. Agree with Ewerk too. It’s a start and if they grew large enough to be more effective then - who knows? Beats doing nothing and hoping Corbyn somehow stops being a useless, cowardly cunt

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Perfect :cuppa:

OMG. Soubry votes as if she is a centrist right wing tory! :blink:

Of course she's a cunt, she's a tory, nobody is pretending different. It's all about levels of cuntishness nowadays though. Even a cunt can do good things. 

12 hours ago, Renton said:

From the chronic:

Maybe we could use the ETHNICS currently occupying point 5 to sort the transport out for you, eh sir?! 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

OMG. Soubry votes as if she is a centrist right wing tory! :blink:

Of course she's a cunt, she's a tory, nobody is pretending different. It's all about levels of cuntishness nowadays though. Even a cunt can do good things. 

There's zero difference between centre right and centre left. [/Rayvin].

20 minutes ago, ewerk said:

There's zero difference between centre right and centre left. [/Rayvin].

Major/Blair prove him right - though its hard to say on some issues who was which. 

1 hour ago, NJS said:

Yeah, 11 MPs are going to be able to do what 290 haven't been able to. 

If enough of them get on board May no longer has a majority and they can’t be whipped to support a shit Brexit deal 

Edited by Dr Gloom

9 minutes ago, NJS said:

Major/Blair prove him right - though its hard to say on some issues who was which. 

'Some issues' would be the middle ground. Major and Blair weren't the same. It's bollocks to claim that they were. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, NJS said:

FFS. Not this shit again. Here is a list of 100 progressive things that Blair did that benefitted normal people. Show me a remotely similar list for Major if you can. Absolutely sick of yoy Corbynites trashing the party's recent legacy despite it being massively counterproductive. 

http://www.progressonline.org.uk/2010/02/01/labours-100-achievements-for-100-days/

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Btw, I see Derek Hatton has been suspended again already. The grounds? Suspected anti-semitism. You could not make this shit up! :icon_lol:

I'm willing to be shot down and I think he's a horrible scouse cunt but I can't see what's wrong with "Jewish people should stand up and oppose the murdering government of Israel". 

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

Btw, I see Derek Hatton has been suspended again already. The grounds? Suspected anti-semitism. You could not make this shit up! :icon_lol:

:lol: At least they’ve acted quickly 

Just now, NJS said:

I'm willing to be shot down and I think he's a horrible scouse cunt but I can't see what's wrong with "Jewish people should stand up and oppose the murdering government of Israel". 

Not exactly nuanced though, is it? 

1 minute ago, NJS said:

I think that requiring an entire race to oppose the actions of one country is implying that those who aren't vocal are complicit in their actions.

It's the same as the far right saying that any Muslim who isn't screaming from the rooftops against terrorism by default supports it.

• Like 1