Politics

Christmas Tree

13 minutes ago, Renton said:

FFS. Not this shit again. Here is a list of 100 progressive things that Blair did that benefitted normal people. Show me a remotely similar list for Major if you can. Absolutely sick of yoy Corbynites trashing the party's recent legacy despite it being massively counterproductive. 

http://www.progressonline.org.uk/2010/02/01/labours-100-achievements-for-100-days/

The argument against NL bankrupting the economy is quite right pointing out that the tories promised to match spending throughout their term. 

As most of that list is general public spending, where would a government under Hague or Howard differed? 

(I accept minimum wage would have been a no-no). 

Just now, NJS said:

The argument against NL bankrupting the economy is quite right pointing out that the tories promised to match spending throughout their term. 

As most of that list is general public spending, where would a government under Hague or Howard differed? 

Have you not noticed what the Tories have done over the last nine years?

1 minute ago, NJS said:

Aye, I'm absolutely convinced Hague or Howard would have matched that public spending. Jesus fucking christ. :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

Have you not noticed what the Tories have done over the last nine years?

Of course, but giving 97-07 revenues I don't think they would have differed that much. 

The crisis gave them the chance to ultra-cunt up. 

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

Aye, I'm absolutely convinced Hague or Howard would have matched that public spending. Jesus fucking christ. :rolleyes:

They did promise - now I'm as cynical as you and think they'd have actually have abolished the top rate of tax instead but I don't remember them objecting to much to what Blair did. 

1 hour ago, Renton said:

OMG. Soubry votes as if she is a centrist right wing tory! :blink:

Of course she's a cunt, she's a tory, nobody is pretending different. It's all about levels of cuntishness nowadays though. Even a cunt can do good things. 

Agreed  They're all utter cunts :D

They're also about 15 years out if date in their thinking, the UK political landscape is vastly different. They want 2 things:

1. No brexit

2. No Corbyn. 

And that's it :lol:

The political journos will fuckin love them, but I'd suggest it was easier for the SDP to gain some traction nearly 40 years ago than it will be for these. Theres probably going to be an election later this year. I expect half of them to lose their seats in it. 

25 minutes ago, Renton said:

FFS. Not this shit again. Here is a list of 100 progressive things that Blair did that benefitted normal people. Show me a remotely similar list for Major if you can. Absolutely sick of yoy Corbynites trashing the party's recent legacy despite it being massively counterproductive. 

http://www.progressonline.org.uk/2010/02/01/labours-100-achievements-for-100-days/

The Tories told us all that cost too much money though :cuppa:

5 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Agreed  They're all utter cunts :D

They're also about 15 years out if date in their thinking, the UK political landscape is vastly different. They want 2 things:

1. No brexit

2. No Corbyn. 

And that's it :lol:

The political journos will fuckin love them, but I'd suggest it was easier for the SDP to gain some traction nearly 40 years ago than it will be for these. Theres probably going to be an election later this year. I expect half of them to lose their seats in it. 

Fully agree. I don't think they really expect the party, if it's ever formed, to go anywhere, or indeed for them to have personal aspirations. It's a desperate attempt to shake things up and to personally disassociate themselves from the disaster heading our way. For the oder ones, they haven't sacrificed much. For the younger ones, like Chuka and Allen, maybe a bit braver. 

Edited by Renton

23 minutes ago, NJS said:

I'm willing to be shot down and I think he's a horrible scouse cunt but I can't see what's wrong with "Jewish people should stand up and oppose the murdering government of Israel". 

Why should Jewish people do anything? Am I responsible for Israeli foreign policy? I detest Netanyahu but I don’t need some Scouse militant twat telling me what I should or shouldn’t be be doing. Being Jewish doesn’t directly connect you to Israel and to suggest otherwise is antisemitic - it’s like saying all Muslims are somehow responsible for Isis atrocities. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, NJS said:

Of course, but giving 97-07 revenues I don't think they would have differed that much. 

The crisis gave them the chance to ultra-cunt up. 

Would they fuck. There’s big differences between Labour and Tory ideologies whether you’re at the centre ground of British politics or not.

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Would they fuck. There’s big differences between Labour and Tory ideologies whether you’re at the centre ground of British politics or not.

It's an unbelievable comment from NJS and why I don't see any point discussing it with him. No matter what empirical evidence to the contrary you offer, he literally believes new labour and the tories were the same. 

32 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Why should Jewish people do anything? Am I responsible for Israeli foreign policy? I detest Netanyahu but I don’t need some Scouse militant twat telling me what I should or shouldn’t be be doing. Being Jewish doesn’t directly connect you to Israel and to suggest otherwise is antisemitic - it’s like saying all Muslims are somehow responsible for Isis atrocities. 

All British people never shut up about how bad it is that weapons the UK sold to the Saudis are used against Yemeni civilians. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Alex said:

All British people never shut up about how bad it is that weapons the UK sold to the Saudis are used against Yemeni civilians. 

Reminds me of a group of feminists at uni who put up a poster saying "All men are rapists". Someone had written in large felt tip "except John Smith" at the bottom. 

Edited by Renton

He's clearly a remainer who, with the backing he has received from Momentum, is trying to find a nice way around getting out of the question. Hardly makes him an idiot, just a reflection of Labour's fucking stupid position.

What he probably should have said is 'Labour's position on this has been quite clear - we want a Brexit that works for most people, and that includes a customs union. As things stand, I am very opposed to the Brexit options available as I feel that all of them will deliver a bad deal for the North East. I voted to remain in the referendum, but respect the result of the vote as long as it does not cause intense damage to the UK and on working people's lives'.

Something like that anyway - but he looks new to this shit.

4 hours ago, Rayvin said:

He's clearly a remainer who, with the backing he has received from Momentum, is trying to find a nice way around getting out of the question. Hardly makes him an idiot, just a reflection of Labour's fucking stupid position.

What he probably should have said is 'Labour's position on this has been quite clear - we want a Brexit that works for most people, and that includes a customs union. As things stand, I am very opposed to the Brexit options available as I feel that all of them will deliver a bad deal for the North East. I voted to remain in the referendum, but respect the result of the vote as long as it does not cause intense damage to the UK and on working people's lives'.

Something like that anyway - but he looks new to this shit.

He might be new to his particular position but he is an actual professional politician at this point, if you can think of that answer, why can't he?

Edited by Andrew

1 minute ago, Andrew said:

He might be new to his particular position but he is an actual professional politician at this point, if you can think of that answer, why can't he?

Well aye but he's a local politician. Also, honestly, I've never rated politicians as being particularly intelligent over and above say, a fair number of us on here. I daresay we could outperform them comfortably.

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Well aye but he's a local politician. Also, honestly, I've never rated politicians as being particularly intelligent over and above say, a fair number of us on here. I daresay we could outperform them comfortably.

If any politician goes to speak to literally anyone right now without have a well thought out answer to the inevitable brexit question they're definitely thick.

It just so happens a lot of them are.

• Like 3