Politics

Christmas Tree

4 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Caught about 20 seconds (which is about 20 seconds too long) of Piers Morgan on GMTV the other day arguing the economy was doing well because of the record numbers of employment. I guess that’s where CT gets his info from. 

Edited by Alex

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

Caught about 20 seconds (which is about 20 seconds too long) of Piers Morgan on GMTV the other day arguing the economy was doing well because of the record numbers of employment. I guess that’s where CT gets his info from. 

Record numbers of shit jobs created 

• Like 1

Unemployment figures are meaningless now, it's almost impossible to claim benefit. Its a terrible metric, always brilliantly manipulated by the cunt party. Even if there are a million jobs lost after Brexit, somehow the figures won't change. 

• Like 1

I don’t post in here much because I’m not an expert and I prefer to learn from people who know more, but..

Im  from Boro and I love it (I know - call it Stockholm syndrome) but the recent show on tv about people hunting rabbits with dogs on South Gare really highlighted the tories austerity measures.

There is people in the county who are disabled who can’t get support due to shit assessments. There is people working zero hours contracts who get 1 hour a week so they are “employed” and taken off the unemployed list. 

Im sorting all my qualifications and professional memberships and I’m hoping to be away if I can get a job sorted, me and our lass are looking at either sweden/Denmark or Finland.

I don’t even care about the vote anymore, I was and am 100% remain. I don’t want to share a country with the people who are desperate to cut their nose off to spite their face.

I recognise this is a complete soliloquy and I’m not apologetic.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, strawb said:

I don’t post in here much because I’m not an expert and I prefer to learn from people who know more, but..

Im  from Boro and I love it (I know - call it Stockholm syndrome) but the recent show on tv about people hunting rabbits with dogs on South Gare really highlighted the tories austerity measures.

There is people in the county who are disabled who can’t get support due to shit assessments. There is people working zero hours contracts who get 1 hour a week so they are “employed” and taken off the unemployed list. 

Im sorting all my qualifications and professional memberships and I’m hoping to be away if I can get a job sorted, me and our lass are looking at either sweden/Denmark or Finland.

I don’t even care about the vote anymore, I was and am 100% remain. I don’t want to share a country with the people who are desperate to cut their nose off to spite their face.

I recognise this is a complete soliloquy and I’m not apologetic.

If your upset at the Conservatives you might want to reconsider moving to countries where the far right is surging.

Even when he thinks he’s making a clever point he makes an unintentional connection between his beloved Tories and Neo-Nazis. 

7 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

If your upset at the Conservatives you might want to reconsider moving to countries where the far right is surging.

You might want to fuck off

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

What was the goal here CT?

On 07/03/2019 at 14:27, Dr Gloom said:

to be fair, you brought it up first. if we keep track of this, we can establish which stories newspaper editors are prioritising, whether it reflects what you have been arguing, and whether the antisemitism story is indeed being given a disproportionate number of column inches. you made some pretty bold claims on that. it may feel to you like it is getting blanket coverage compared to every other story other than brexit, but that's not the reality i'm living in. let's find out if i'm a deluded. but if we discover it doesn't dominate our front pages to the extent you contend, perhaps you'll view the antisemitism story differently when it does crop up. 

So for the first time in about a month, the Labour antisemtism story has made the front pages again. And I don’t think we can be too surprised given what this Sunday Times investigation has uncovered. The sad thing is it isn’t a surprise anymore. Deeply depressing.

8A6CA9E5-55E6-406F-B8D3-FF167E0CB715.jpeg

I agree it's been quiet on this for a while but it was never solely about the front pages. There were just a plethora of articles across many papers.

Anyway, I'm not the only one who thought it so I'm satisfied that I'm not just paranoid. I suppose with a GE around the corner we'll see more about it again.

EDIT - incidentally, I think that when Corbyn leaves and we go back to a more centrist candidate, all the antisemites will go with him, especially since they all joined when he became leader.

Edited by Rayvin

8 hours ago, ewerk said:

D3yugT9WAAIw_fg.jpg

The Home Secretary is interacting with a fake account that he knows has been planted there for just that reason. And no one really bats an eyelid.

The ghost of Goebbels likes this post. :good:

• Like 1