Politics

Christmas Tree

On 4/19/2019 at 21:04, Monkeys Fist said:

Could’ve been worse, he could’ve ended up doing a Footy Podcast :D

What the fuck? Fuck you you fucking fucker.

• Haha 1

I’ll put this in here but it could also go in the Europe thread. CT if you’re eavesdropping I’d like to hear your thoughts on this thread. Then I’ll probably slate fuck out of you, but not if you’re sensible and just address it’s content....

Brexit Party looking like they've picked another thinker as an MEP candidate. Some wife saying Labour deserves a "rhetorical bloody nose" for ignoring Leave voters. Presumably she means metaphorical... The arsehole. 

On 14/05/2010 at 22:27, Christmas Tree said:

We must be fair to everyone – even the rich

Prosperity masked deep social divisions. As the cuts bite, the fractures will widen unless the pain is shared

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/c...icle7125822.ece

This does seem to be the way we are headed and its hard to know how this will play out 20 or 30 years down the line. The parties will only get closer and closer, politically and voting will be reduced to a sort of x factor politics, if not already.

Labour and Conservatives have moved too close to the centre and I cant really see either party moving back to old stomping grounds.

Im also unsure whether this makes governments better or worse ie the fact that we are not reeling policies from the left to the right, more tinkering on the edges.

With regard to the defecit and planned cuts etc.... a commentator on the above article left this little story which I found amusing.

The deficit reduction plan went well didn't it

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

The parties will only get closer and closer,

:lol:

You don't have to even guess which inverse nostradamus predicted this. He's uncanny. Everything he predicts is the opposite of what happens. 

On 23/04/2019 at 11:44, ewerk said:

I’ll be raising a pint of Carling this evening in your honour.

Another foreign import. Appropriately 

• Haha 1

That is the first time I have ever heard that particular cunt's voice, watched anything to do with him, or known what he looked like.

I cannot believe he takes himself seriously. Is it possible that he doesn't? But then no, he wouldn't run for office. Do people actually listen to that voice coming out of that face and think what this fucking moron says has anything to do with their lives? I pictured him as more of a Tommy Robinson type, a sort of rabble-rouser who was more street thug/Aryan Brotherhood than anything else...but no, he's some sort of posh fucking twat who sounds like he delightedly breathes in his own farts and catalogs his every meal with a series of polaroids before uploading them to his blog. 

Fuck me senseless.

EDIT: Is he supposed to be like an "intellectual" racist? Like alt-right for the bigot who's a cut above the common street filth and white trash? Is that his game? Doesn't much fancy holding tiki torches and doing Nazi marches, but he's happy to sit behind the safety of his screen and spout his shit? 

Edited by acrossthepond
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Nice video, hope it stings him..

You don’t think that any potential UKIP voter doesn’t wish they could use those words in everyday conversation?

3 minutes ago, acrossthepond said:

That is the first time I have ever heard that particular cunt's voice, watched anything to do with him, or known what he looked like.

I cannot believe he takes himself seriously. Is it possible that he doesn't? But then no, he wouldn't run for office. Do people actually listen to that voice coming out of that face and think what this fucking moron says has anything to do with their lives? I pictured him as more of a Tommy Robinson type, a sort of rabble-rouser who was more street thug/Aryan Brotherhood than anything else...but no, he's some sort of posh fucking twat who sounds like he delightedly breathes in his own farts and catalogs his every meal with a series of polaroids before uploading them to his blog. 

Fuck me senseless.

EDIT: Is he supposed to be like an "intellectual" racist? Like alt-right for the bigot who's a cut above the common street filth and white trash? Is that his game? Doesn't much fancy holding tiki torches and doing Nazi marches, but he's happy to sit behind the safety of his screen and spout his shit? 

He would argue he isn't a racist because context matters. He was using the word to piss off the alt right. For some reason he thinks that makes saying it acceptable.

He’s a dorky douchebag who apparently earns a whopping £100k a year and yet still chooses to live in his mothers’ basement and wanks off to dungeons and dragons characters. Nothing to see 

I don't understand why the media is giving him so much attention...  i mean hes fucking loving it.

By the way, as for preventing the mainstreaming of such people, I did try to suggest we move to a firm left position and start talking to people who felt isolated and disenfranchised, and who therefore start watching these people. 

Generally when I do that, everyone carries on like it's the most preposterous thing anyone ever said and tries to equate it with talking to nazis.

So maybe we fucking deserve Sargon.