Politics

Christmas Tree

9 minutes ago, Renton said:

When? This situation has arisen since the 2017 GE and is yet to be tested. They were predicted to e screwed under Hague, Howard, and IDS, and guess what, they were screwed. 

They were dead forever under New Labour as I recall. Then the coalition would never last and the government would fall apart. Then they would never get re-elected. Then they would be torn apart by Brexit. Then they would be torn apart by incompetence. Then Brexit again. Then not actually leaving. And now by Farage.

Brexit will be settled by the next GE, the Farage enthusiasts will return to 'hating the left' with renewed zeal, since that's who they think this victory is over, and the Tories will be returned. Labour will fail because they've abandoned the middle class vote, and the left in the country will be split in two.

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

They were dead forever under New Labour as I recall. Then the coalition would never last and the government would fall apart. Then they would never get re-elected. Then they would be torn apart by Brexit. Then they would be torn apart by incompetence. Then Brexit again. Then not actually leaving. And now by Farage.

Brexit will be settled by the next GE, the Farage enthusiasts will return to 'hating the left' with renewed zeal, since that's who they think this victory is over, and the Tories will be returned. Labour will fail because they've abandoned the middle class vote, and the left in the country will be split in two.

Brexit will never get settled, not for years or even decades when I sincerely hope a more enlightened and less insular younger generation can put it to bed. By then though the world's ecosystems will be totally fucked anyway and there will be other pressing issues. And I am genuinely loathe to say this, but the reason the tories have fared relatively well is purely because of Corbyn.

13 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Fair enough, I’ve always despised paras

You can’t move here these days for paratrooper flags on lampposts. Another example of the shitty environment we live in.

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

You can’t move here these days for paratrooper flags on lampposts. Another example of the shitty environment we live in.

It sounds pretty shitty. And their fucking raison d’etre is obsolete anyway fucking regiment should be shit canned.

1 hour ago, NJS said:

Just like Change UK but with remain and nowt else than. 

Read the Lib Dem and Labour European manifestos and tell how how they’re anything other than a waste of time.

3 hours ago, ewerk said:

The replies to this :jesuswept: 

:lol: How the fuck can any sane person come to the conclusion Farage conducted himself well in that interview? It was a fucking car crash, and what's more, he knew it. 

This is what really scares me. Either people don't see this, or they don't care anyway. Ian Dunt made a comment on this this week. Farage literally has no policies, he represents a post political world. This really is 1930s Germany stuff. Please everyone don't underestimate the threat from him. 

• Like 1

Lots of people like being told what to think without even realising. They’ll lap up what Morgan says even though the bloke himself doesn’t even believe it 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Renton said:

Absolute car crash of an interview by Farage there. Incredibly bad. Just completely ignoring everything he has said in the past, and going forward having no manifesto at all (including the next GE) so he van freely pursue whatever populist bollocks he wants in the future. This man is fucking Hitler personified, you wouldn't just have to be thick to vote for him, you have to be a complete cunt. A third of the country (England) are therefore cunts.

Well done by Marr though. Had the odious toad squirming.

The advantage of being a minority party is that you can spout whatever you want, because you will never have to deliver it.  Unfortunately, soundbites seem to work with the social media obsessed ADD followers, who have no time to give consideration for anything, so just go with what sounds good at the time, even if it makes no sense at all. 

After all, the Moron in Chief in the US has got to the top by doing so, and Trump-lites all over the world just follow his lead, and the voters are happy to be led by the nose.

• Like 1

The one thing I'm enjoying about Farage's resurgence at the moment is that he's knocked Sargon and the online 'public intellectuals' within UKIP off their perch altogether.

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

What? How? 

The polls - I mean the only reason Sargon got involved with this is because he thought he could ride the UKIP wave to some kind of political career. Instead, Farage has risen from the dead like some kind of undead zombie dragon, and stolen the entire limelight.

So it’s looks like Boris Johnson is the leader by a country mile among the handful of Tory pensioners who are getting to decide our next Prime Minister. The question is whether he’ll get that far or will Tory MPs conspire to deny him his assumes destiny?

And would it be the worst thing to happen the remain cause? There could be no more excuses about how we weren’t bold enough in negotiations and Parliament is strong enough to deny him a no deal scenario. 

15 minutes ago, ewerk said:

So it’s looks like Boris Johnson is the leader by a country mile among the handful of Tory pensioners who are getting to decide our next Prime Minister. The question is whether he’ll get that far or will Tory MPs conspire to deny him his assumes destiny?

And would it be the worst thing to happen the remain cause? There could be no more excuses about how we weren’t bold enough in negotiations and Parliament is strong enough to deny him a no deal scenario. 

I don't think we have time for this. Nick boles said yesterday that he now thought no deal was basically inevitable.

All Johnson has to do is let us crash out.

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

It would be difficult to block him at Parliament level as you'd need to get in two other candidates, rather than one. Also it's looking like every other fucker in the tory party has thrown their hat in the ring. I suspect Johnson will have the largest block. From there him becoming PM is a shoe in. 

Thing is though, he's not stupid and is all about himself. He knows no deal would be catastrophic and the WA will have to be signed, but there is still not the arithmetic for it. He wouldn't win a GE following a crash out imo. So what does he do? 

One thing is for certain, our democracy the leavers are always harping on about is a fucking joke. The EU is more democratic. 

5 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I don't think we have time for this. Nick boles said yesterday that he now thought no deal was basically inevitable.

All Johnson has to do is let us crash out.

And then what?