Politics

Christmas Tree

I am watching on delay. Did I just hear Johnson say it is okay for him to become PM, but not Brown (which he vociferously objected to at the time), because we are in a national emergency? A national emergency that cunt caused? He's unbelievable. What type of cretin would you have to be to be impressed by him? 

:CT:

Went to see this lads stand up show last week 

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2019/jun/12/every-tory-mp-sent-this-is-going-to-hurt-as-reminder-of-jeremy-hunts-record

he despises Hunt with a vigour that took even me, a middle aged miserabalist who is naturally given to grievance to say the least, aback somewhat. If you get the chance go and see AK he’s mint 👍

22 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

There's only 3 possible options left. Let's stop pissfarting about, have a national vote and be done with it

1 - Leave with current deal

2 - Leave with no deal

3 - Remain

Majority wins

:lol::lol::lol:

Only possible future referendum is a 2 part. Leave v remain , then deal (if there is one) v no deal.

nice try though :)

9 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

They don’t need a vote for no deal? 🤔

EU will extend as long as we need to. Johnson isn’t going to let us crash out, despite all the leave by October 31 bluster. 

54 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

:lol::lol::lol:

Only possible future referendum is a 2 part. Leave v remain , then deal (if there is one) v no deal.

nice try though :)

Fuck off, you fat little cunt 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I can't wait for the fallout from Baker, Francois and all those cunts when they realise that Johnson has been lying to them about no deal. We'll be back to the worst days of May all over again. 

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

EU will extend as long as we need to. Johnson isn’t going to let us crash out, despite all the leave by October 31 bluster. 

This isn't true. Varadkar made the point today, there is zero chance of unanimity amongst the 27 for an extension unless there is a GE or referendum. If Johnson wants, all he has to do is wait it out and we are out. Nobody can stop him unless there is a vote of no confidence. 

@renton 

Nether side want us to crash out. I’d have been more concerned if Raab was PM. He’s got that dead behind the eyes look, and probably meant it when he said we’d leave with or without a deal.

Johnson is a Europhile deep down. I don’t believe he’ll drag us over the cliff edge, just as I didn’t think May would. Fucking the country for a generation is all he’ll ever be remembered for. Why would he battle so hard to be PM for that legacy? He will bottle it just as May did. 

Edited by Dr Gloom

Thing is they'd have no announce a new ref soon. Alternatively the only way he'll get a "better" deal is to relax some red lines. I don't think tory MPs will vote for SM or CU (already rejected previously) so that's out. 

GE might be the only way forward. 

11 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

@renton 

Nether side want us to crash out. I’d have been more concerned if Raab was PM. He’s got that dead behind the eyes look, and probably meant it when he said we’d leave with or without a deal.

Johnson is a Europhile deep down. I don’t believe he’ll drag us over the cliff edge, just as I didn’t think May would. Fucking the country for a generation is all he’ll ever be remembered for. Why would he battle so hard to be PM for that legacy? He will bottle it just as May did. 

I was the one that pointed out he is a europhile last week. But first and foremost he is a narcissist and an opportunist. He is happy to fuck his family, business, the EU and the country to get what he wants. So what does he do?

Get another deal? EU won't do this, especially with him*.

Revoke? Get real.

Referendum? Would destroy his party.

GE? Would lose his seat.

Extension? Can't happen without the above 2. And would destroy his party anyway.

He's left with no option but to hard Brexit and try to pass the blame. Will he survive that? No, not imo, but there is literally no other better option for him. Unless he bottles it before his coronation, which is what i thought he would. 

* He may try to get an NI only backstop but theres not enough time and without the DUP he can't get it through.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NJS said:

Thing is they'd have no announce a new ref soon. Alternatively the only way he'll get a "better" deal is to relax some red lines. I don't think tory MPs will vote for SM or CU (already rejected previously) so that's out. 

GE might be the only way forward. 

Johnson would lose his seat. Wont happen.