Politics

Christmas Tree

This wasn't something we could influence so I don't see the need to worry about it overly. The death throes of the Tory party.

If he is returned + Farage following a GE, then we have a problem.

The current Mrs PL had just been catching up with the days events via the 6 o’clock news. She then turned to me and said “I’m going to txt my mother and tell her to if she votes Tory again we’re going to emigrate to New Zealand” :D

26 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Pritti Patel tipped for the home office :lol:

She shouldn’t even be an MP after what she did yet somehow is going to be holder of one of the great offices of state. Politics is a fucking cess pit.

5 hours ago, Rayvin said:

If hes pushing out all the moderates, isn't that a decent sign for us? They'll vote to bring him down, surely? Vote against no deal, etc..

It’s likely to make decision making in cabinet much more efficient but with so many enemies and so many opposed to no deal now on the back benches it’s hard to see how it doesn’t lead to a GE.

I'm thinking that if they have a GE, it'll inevitably become a Tory/BP coalition. Labour will fail us as they always do these days. After Brexit is settled, I guess the Tory Party absorbs BP and becomes a new moderate right wing force in the country. The centrists are pushed out and the lasting issue David Cameron sought to settle with this whole stupid fiasco is indeed settled, in the favour of the 70 fringe members of the Conservative Party who essentially take over the whole thing.

So then we have moderate left Labour, moderate right Tories, and the Lib Dems standing alone in the centre.

And when push comes to shove, my money is on the centrists looking to the right instead of the left. So I think we're fucked for a generation unless remain can mobilise properly at this GE.