Politics

Christmas Tree

• 2 weeks later...

So the cunts are trying to roll out not paying you a pension till your seventy five. I absolutely fucking loathe these sick bastards with a passion, I was never happy about it upping to sixty seven but this is a piss take. I managed to catch a bit of the BBC news review this morning and yesterday. Not a fucking peep. How the fuck is this not on the news? It affects every working person in the country. It's getting rid of the state pension for a lot of people and even the ones who'll qualify mightn't have much time to 'enjoy' it. Fucking middle England, the biggest set of deluded masochistic wankers going continually voting in these evil vermin. Zero chance I'll be able to do my job at sixty odd never mind seventy five and my work pensions won't cut the mustard for that length of time in between retiring and getting a state pension. The conservatives are truly poisonous. This lot put Thatcher in the shade.

• Like 1

Aye, it's a think tank proposal but you can bet your house these cunts will get this through before you retire HMHM. It'll be done incrementally of course, Brexit is part of the plan. Welcome to the 51st state. Breaking the union and securing England as a forever tory outpost also. 

My sister lost her DLA last week after her PIP assessment. She's profoundly disabled and will now live the rest of her life in poverty if we lose her appeal. Shes mentally ill and the stress is likely to cause her another break down.

I also hate these cunts vehemently and the cunts that have enabled them. We know who they are. 

12 hours ago, The Mighty Hog said:

It's not a policy, just being floated by Tory think-tanks. No doubt testing the waters for a reaction, but not currently on the cards. They'd be mental to even suggest it now with the potential GE looming.

No doubt it would've been news had Corbyn, whatever you think of him, had've proposed this. As Renton alludes, it's in the post.

11 hours ago, Renton said:

Aye, it's a think tank proposal but you can bet your house these cunts will get this through before you retire HMHM. It'll be done incrementally of course, Brexit is part of the plan. Welcome to the 51st state. Breaking the union and securing England as a forever tory outpost also. 

My sister lost her DLA last week after her PIP assessment. She's profoundly disabled and will now live the rest of her life in poverty if we lose her appeal. Shes mentally ill and the stress is likely to cause her another break down.

I also hate these cunts vehemently and the cunts that have enabled them. We know who they are. 

Good luck with the appeal, they truly are merciless these Tory bastards.

12 hours ago, Renton said:

Sorry to hear that man, and best of luck indeed with the appeal.

12 hours ago, Renton said:

Hope things work out for your Sis mate. It’s fucked up man. Lots of policies I disagree or agree with, but first and foremost the gov. should look after those who need it (disabled and children) or deserve it (pensioners who’ve paid into system their whole life).

Edited by zerosum

Yeah but you can't look at that as a statement of people's earnest analysis of the situation. That's just the tribal Brexit voters backing the guy who will fuck them in the specific way they requested.

Once Brexit is out of the way, if he did something like this, I don't think he would poll so favourably.

5 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Does anyone see any positives/ways out of this situation btw? I've given up personally but I'm hoping I'm just being too cynical.

Is there any other way of introducing a new queens speech without poroguing parliament? If there is and one of the groups being heard in court next week can get a judge to look at it then Johnson is screwed. What happens after that probably includes a GE but Brexit is 7 weeks away and the default position is no leaving without a deal. 

43 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Is there any other way of introducing a new queens speech without poroguing parliament? If there is and one of the groups being heard in court next week can get a judge to look at it then Johnson is screwed. What happens after that probably includes a GE but Brexit is 7 weeks away and the default position is no leaving without a deal. 

I think parliament has to be prorogued before a new session but I don’t think there’s a minimum time requirement in place so it could potentially be for as short as one day.

There is talk that legislation could be passed so that in the absence of an agreed deal the default outcome is changed to revocation of Article 50 rather than no deal.

46 minutes ago, ewerk said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49543430

They couldn't possibly go through with this threat, could they?

I think they will. Gauke seems to think they're planning on calling a GE once that's deselected the rebels.

This is Corbyn's moment to prove he isnt a total cretin. If Labour backs that GE then they have basically enabled a far right coup. If they refuse to back it, Johnson loses his majority, Parliament takes control of the Brexit process, and No Deal is basically averted. While everyone is talking about how much of  blinder Johnson has played here, his plan basically hinges on the terrifyingly possible stupidity of the Labour Party.

Edited by Rayvin