Politics

Christmas Tree

I find it a bit weird that Kuennsberg seems to have this advisory relationship with him. There was a clip in her Brexit documentary where they were sat at a bar and their relationship didn't feel like a normal one for a journalist and politician. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

I find it a bit weird that Kuennsberg seems to have this advisory relationship with him. There was a clip in her Brexit documentary where they were sat at a bar and their relationship didn't feel like a normal one for a journalist and politician. 

I've noticed this. 

• Like 1

Public school, good uni(s), internships, social circles, professional circles. All intertwined, familiar and cosy. Someone in the media needs to use the word liar about Johnson in a very public way. No one will though, it's possibly career ending. And that's one of the main things wrong in the world, not just this country.  

• Like 2

I mean, Rudd hung on to her seat by a thread anyway. She's quite possibly looked at it and thought that this was better than being humiliated.

It's still positive though, although we need about another 20 Tories to go before Labour are bigger which is really the only remaining milestone for this.

3 hours ago, ewerk said:

Now the Tories have announced that they’re going to run a candidate against Bercow in the GE. 

The Conservatives are finished.

Will they win? Is he in a Leave constituency?

54 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Bercow has slung his hook....

Commons Speaker Bercow 'to stand down' https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49639828

It’s telling that he also has lost the support of ”his” party and that they even haven’t got the decency to show him the appropriate respect for his decision and position.

You‘ve really got an unhealthy and toxic political atmosphere when even the representatives resort to childish behaviour.

I don't think it matters at this point, we're in the end game of the whole affair. If we get past October 31st and we're still not out, we'll find a way to Remain. If Johnson takes us out before then, it makes no difference if Bercow is there or not since the UK will be finished as a place worth living in for about 50 years, according to Rees-Mogg at least.