Politics

Christmas Tree

I don't even really see these as the main goals for the next Labour government, there's far more achievable things they can set their sights on without having to go for the super radical stuff.

All this shit is going to do is scare the moderates.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I don't even really see these as the main goals for the next Labour government, there's far more achievable things they can set their sights on without having to go for the super radical stuff.

I agree - I've always said the way to solve education and health in the UK is to abolish the private option as the powers that be would take 5 minutes to fix them if they had to use them but that would have to be done gradually. 

As you say it will frighten people who think of themselves as middle income (they aren't) and bow down to privilege. 

12 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

It is. Have they costed this stuff again. I would fucking love to work 4 days a week but it's not happening, is it? I'd be happy just going back to my workload of a few years back tbh.

19 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Lads don't be fucking soft. If they say we're working 32 hours a week, just work 32 hours a week. Let the employers like ewerk pick up the pieces. The costing is his problem, not mine. 

If you actually did 32 hours of work in a week I get a feeling it would be a vast improvement on your current efforts.

Just now, ewerk said:

If you actually did 32 hours of work in a week I get a feeling it would be a vast improvement on your current efforts.

These are attendance hours we're talking about. My time actually spent working would be reduced in proportion.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

why? what's wrong with him? 

I wasn't especially impressed with his handling of the stop and search nonsense from a couple of years back. Although I suppose in the end I begrudgingly admitted to myself that holding his hands up on it was a positive.

Also, I know it's his job but he talks about London as if it's entirely separate to the rest of the UK, and I find it tedious and unnecessarily divisive.

Edited by Rayvin