Politics

Christmas Tree

16 minutes ago, Renton said:

Government have lost the high court case. Now what? Unanimous too.

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Apparently it's up to Bercow what happens next. So yeah, I think we can assume Parliament is coming back.

The UK is just hilarious at the moment :lol:

source.gif

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

This could not have been any more of a defeat for the government. In normal times you’d expect the PM to resign.

The summary is scathing. Johnson broke the law and lied to the queen. In normal times, Tories would be apoplectic. Now, not so much. 

7 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Apparently it's up to Bercow what happens next. So yeah, I think we can assume Parliament is coming back.

The UK is just hilarious at the moment :lol:

I'm  not laughing. We are on the verge of constitutional melt down now. What happens next is critical. 

1 minute ago, Renton said:

I'm  not laughing. We are on the verge of constitutional melt down now. What happens next is critical. 

Ah come on man, the drama is enjoyable. Politics has never been this engaging in living memory. It's like a soap opera - lies, cheating, breaking the law, expulsions, betrayals, Johnson battering his partner - all we need now is for some kind of forbidden 'cross the aisle' love affair between JRM and Thornberry and it'd have everything :D

Just now, Rayvin said:

Ah come on man, the drama is enjoyable. Politics has never been this engaging in living memory. It's like a soap opera - lies, cheating, breaking the law, expulsions, betrayals, Johnson battering his partner - all we need now is for some kind of forbidden 'cross the aisle' love affair between JRM and Thornberry and it'd have everything :D

It’s like you’re enjoying seeing the country meltdown. You may as well get behind no deal and get some popcorn in.

1 minute ago, zerosum said:

It’s like you’re enjoying seeing the country meltdown. You may as well get behind no deal and get some popcorn in.

The country will be fine - the journalists will get excited about it but some semblance of normality will have returned by tomorrow and we'll get back to fighting over Brexit again. Boris has already said he won't resign, I don't see anything hugely damaging taking place from Parliament agreeing to sit again.

9 minutes ago, Renton said:

You can at least enjoy the fact that this one went the right way man. If it had gone the other way we would have been a LOT worse off. 

Just now, Rayvin said:

The country will be fine - the journalists will get excited about it but some semblance of normality will have returned by tomorrow and we'll get back to fighting over Brexit again. Boris has already said he won't resign, I don't see anything hugely damaging taking place from Parliament agreeing to sit again.

The whole saga is putting businesses in limbo across the whole country. If we are having another vote, let’s just have it.. because reality is, if we had left without interference we could have been a year or two into fixing the mess and recovering by now. And businesses would know where they stand. Wish they would just all agree a way forward and get on with it, remain or leave.

23 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

brexiters aren't going to be happy with gina!

Someone - maybe her, maybe another "enemy of the people" - is going to get the Jo Cox treatment before long, and we'll all shrug it off and carry on as if everything's fine. :dunno:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, zerosum said:

The whole saga is putting businesses in limbo across the whole country. If we are having another vote, let’s just have it.. because reality is, if we had left without interference we could have been a year or two into fixing the mess and recovering by now. And businesses would know where they stand. Wish they would just all agree a way forward and get on with it, remain or leave.

It's the Tories who stopped us leaving in March, not everyone else. The diehard Leavers, in fact. Remember, May had a majority back then, the opposition votes were meaningless if she could command the full support of her party.

But yes, the limbo isn't helpful - and I'd put a second vote before any and all other considerations.

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

It's the Tories who stopped us leaving in March, not everyone else. The diehard Leavers, in fact. Remember, May had a majority back then, the opposition votes were meaningless if she could command the full support of her party.

But yes, the limbo isn't helpful - and I'd put a second vote before any and all other considerations.

I’m not discussing who is to blame. They all are. I’m just pointing out it’s not that funny or entertaining. and should be done and dusted by now.

Edited by zerosum