Politics

Christmas Tree

2 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

He should stay neutral, it's better for the country that way.

Corbyn has already started failing to capitalise on this IMO by having the weakest statement imaginable in response to it. "Johnson should consider his position". I think he could have done with a bit more passion in that one.

I share everyone's certainty that he will fail to make this stick.

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

You can at least enjoy the fact that this one went the right way man. If it had gone the other way we would have been a LOT worse off. 

True enough. I've been watching too much Rise of the Nazis. This is just like that albeit with Benny Hill music on in the background. :D

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Someone - maybe her, maybe another "enemy of the people" - is going to get the Jo Cox treatment before long, and we'll all shrug it off and carry on as if everything's fine. :dunno:

it's only a matter of time before the football lads alliance get themselves properly involved.

Edited by thebrokendoll

Just now, zerosum said:

I’m not discussing who is to blame. They all are. I’m just pointing out it’s not that funny or entertaining.

The situation in a wider sense isn't, but watching Johnson hauled over hot coals for all of his sins is rather enjoyable. He's a remainer who switched sides for political advantage.

I have no doubt in my mind that we're here because of the Tories, and in light of the fact that I may have to stomach Brexit, I'm going to enjoy watching them self destruct in the meantime.

10 minutes ago, zerosum said:

The whole saga is putting businesses in limbo across the whole country. If we are having another vote, let’s just have it.. because reality is, if we had left without interference we could have been a year or two into fixing the mess and recovering by now. And businesses would know where they stand. Wish they would just all agree a way forward and get on with it, remain or leave.

Stop passing the buck. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Renton said:

He should. He won't. But if he does, what the fuck happens next?

Emergency government of national unity or whatever they call it? I mean he'll try to demand a GE but I doubt he'll get it.

21 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Someone - maybe her, maybe another "enemy of the people" - is going to get the Jo Cox treatment before long, and we'll all shrug it off and carry on as if everything's fine. :dunno:

She should be top of the next honours list. 

Edit; she’s already been threatened 

* also, I totally would :D

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

GNU TIME. Big Tom Watson kicks Corbyn in the balls and runs the show. 

Speaking of which, I think that many of the lunatics at Labour conference are planning to stage a walk out during his speech today.

Just now, ewerk said:

Speaking of which, I think that many of the lunatics at Labour conference are planning to stage a walk out during his speech today.

This is fucking ridiculous and should be stamped on quickly. Today should be all about Johnson and this bullshit with Watson is a total distraction anyway.

I just noticed this in the Guardian:

The fact that all the main opposition parties are now either directly calling for Boris Johnson’s resignation (Labour, the SNP and Plaid Cymru) or saying he is not fit to be PM (the Lib Dems - but effectively it means the same thing) will make it harder for them to explain why they are not tabling a motion of no confidence.

But Jeremy Corbyn would not want to hold a vote without being sure that it would lead to MPs voting for an alternative government (preferably one led by him), and there is no guarantee of that at the moment. And without a viable alternative government, a successful vote of no confidence would lead to an election - and possibly a no-deal Brexit on 31 October in the meantime.

34 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

And it’ll be a lone nutter rather than a terrorist