Politics

Christmas Tree

21 minutes ago, zerosum said:

Wow. Bye. 

:D

In 20-30 years time, those of us who survive the impending climate collapse will look back at Brexit and laugh at the absurdity of it, whilst we cook up some artisanal cockroach burgers on our parched desert island. 

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Speaking of which, I think that many of the lunatics at Labour conference are planning to stage a walk out during his speech today.

Watson has given his speech slot to Corbyn and pulled out of the conference, preferring to go back to Parliament tomorrow. Mini-crisis averted.

• Haha 1

SNP have come out and said they would back a VONC which presumably means they're comfortable with a Corbyn led government. Last time I checked Labour + the SNP were about 7 seats behind the Tories in numbers, so we'd need some independents to back it, or the Liberals - none of whom will.

So a government of national unity is out of the question at the moment I think, as the centrists won't countenance Corbyn.

Agree with everything she says and I find the effect she has on both grey haired powerful men & their pigshit clever backers in the media fuckin hilarious...I do however think there's quite a significant safeguarding issue going on here. Those behind her are undoubtedly exploiting her beautifully innocent beliefs. This in the full knowledge of her history of depression & mutism not to mention Asperger's. The state she got into during her speech was concerning iyam. 

Edited by PaddockLad

47 minutes ago, Renton said:

I see. I was hoping she may have called him a cunt.

I do love the way she makes the gammons froth like. Middle aged white male gammons seem genuinely terrified of this tiny lass. Bizarre.

I think she as much as did that with the look she gave him as he walked past her. 

18 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:D

In 20-30 years time, those of us who survive the impending climate collapse will look back at Brexit and laugh at the absurdity of it, whilst we cook up some artisanal cockroach burgers on our parched desert island. 

At least it sounds like the weather will be nice :) 

16 hours ago, Rayvin said:

SNP have come out and said they would back a VONC which presumably means they're comfortable with a Corbyn led government. Last time I checked Labour + the SNP were about 7 seats behind the Tories in numbers, so we'd need some independents to back it, or the Liberals - none of whom will.

So a government of national unity is out of the question at the moment I think, as the centrists won't countenance Corbyn.

SNP have, as predicted, confirmed they would back Corbyn in a temporary government. Not a shock really but we are now theoretically 6 seats smaller than the Tories.

EDIT - although I suppose they have the DUP still, so more like 16.

Edited by Rayvin

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

SNP have, as predicted, confirmed they would back Corbyn in a temporary government. Not a shock really but we are now theoretically 6 seats smaller than the Tories.

EDIT - although I suppose they have the DUP still, so more like 16.

Is that the relevant metric here, don't they need a majority?

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

Lib Dems likely to be the kingmakers again. It turned out well last time so no need to panic 

I think that's unlikely since Swinson would have to swallow her pride a great deal now to back Labour. In fact I'd say she's made it impossible for herself.

I really don't think she's played this well at all for someone who supposedly wants to remain.

Just now, Renton said:

Is that the relevant metric here, don't they need a majority?

They do, I just think it's interesting to watch the numbers change. The argument for Labour to take over becomes stronger once their support goes past that of the Tories IMO.

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I think that's unlikely since Swinson would have to swallow her pride a great deal now to back Labour. In fact I'd say she's made it impossible for herself.

I really don't think she's played this well at all for someone who supposedly wants to remain.

I think she will jump in bed with the Tories again.

Remember what happened to their school fees pledge the last time they had a sniff of power 

• Like 1

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

I think she will jump in bed with the Tories again.

Remember what happened to their school fees pledge the last time they had a sniff of power 

Surely it's impossible for her to do that given the Brexit stances? I do think she's otherwise far more closely aligned to them, but I really think they have to get on board with Labour in the end, somehow.

• Like 1

Just now, Rayvin said:

Surely it's impossible for her to do that given the Brexit stances? I do think she's otherwise far more closely aligned to them, but I really think they have to get on board with Labour in the end, somehow.

She ruled out working with Corbyn on the today programme the other morning. She wouldn’t do the same when asked about a future coalition with the Tories 

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

She ruled out working with Corbyn on the today programme the other morning. She wouldn’t do the same when asked about a future coalition with the Tories 

Maybe once Brexit is out of the way? I cannot see how she reconciles Brexit with them at present.

Also, is she fucking mental?