Politics

Christmas Tree

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Easy 7 or so percent return on your money there if anyone fancies it. 

Easy if you can afford the 10k stake to make it worthwhile maybe.

Anyway, looks like the gig's up now. One way or another the country is fucked. Thanks Corbyn.

4 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Can anyone see past the Tories on taking the GE?

Not really, they control the narrative. Johnson is popular for reasons unfathomable to me, Farage I'd neutered, and Corbyn is.... well, Corbyn. So most likely we are getting the following:

A tory majority. But not a normal tory majority, a more extreme version of cuntishness toryism than we have ever seen, including Thatcher. FOR FIVE FUCKING YEARS.

An extremely hard Brexit, the hardest imaginable. Five years is probably enough to dismantle the NHS.

The reappearance of that gloaty fucker CT.

:CT:

i think the tories are pretty nervous about this too, if it's any consolation. they'll lose scotland. there is no guarantee the north will turn. they're toast in the major metropolitan areas. don't rule out a progressive coalition just yet. 

I just can't see a progressive coalition led by Corbyn. Swinson won't have it, and the SNP would make it conditional on another Sottich referendum. 

It really feels like the time is now for a root and branch reformation of our electoral system. There's no mechanism to do this though short of civil war. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

If the tories are the biggest party, I've no doubt Swinson will form a coalition with them before Labour even bget a chance to talk to her. 

No chance. They must have learned their lesson from last time. It's disappointing that there's been so much Labour/Lib Dem aggro latately because combined with the SNP they may be our only way out of this mess.

47 minutes ago, ewerk said:

No chance. They must have learned their lesson from last time. It's disappointing that there's been so much Labour/Lib Dem aggro latately because combined with the SNP they may be our only way out of this mess.

Part of me thinks that the Lib Dems are taking right wing views in this because their primary target is disaffected Tories. If so, I'm happy for them to spout Thatcherite nonsense until the cows come home.

8 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Conveniently timed it to coincide with my holiday and attempt to frustrate the inevitable re-election of my dickhead abstentionist MP.

So it is 

• Haha 1