Politics

Christmas Tree

Just now, spongebob toonpants said:

I don't wish to piss on the slight optimistic parade going on, but you all underestimate the craven stupidity of the average voter.

The worst possible outcome is what we will get

May as well go in tails up, heads held high. We have everything to gain and nothing to lose.

Just now, spongebob toonpants said:

I don't wish to piss on the slight optimistic parade going on, but you all underestimate the craven stupidity of the average voter.

I've already bet on the Lib Dems getting <25.5 seats. I know May fucked it up from this position but I can't imagine a repeat performance.

7 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

It is beyond scary that the margins are going to be that fine.

I honestly believe this election is an existential threat to the nation as we know it. 

Thinking of taking Friday the13th December off. Feel stressed already. :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Didn't happen last time. 

1 minute ago, Meenzer said:

I've already bet on the Lib Dems getting <25.5 seats. I know May fucked it up from this position but I can't imagine a repeat performance.

Why not though? A side effect of being a Newcastle fan perhaps? 

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

Why not though? A side effect of being a Newcastle fan perhaps? 

You might be right. :lol: I don't know, I just feel like by now there's enough of a "let's just get it done" mentality to win over enough average swing voters.

Not that I've ever been one of them, so it's hard to put yourself in their place, but still. :dunno: 

I think deep down we’re all shitting it but it does appear that the PM has taken a massive gamble by putting his faith in Cummings. He didn’t even try to get his WA through. We have to win something eventually (in politics, not football)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

You might be right. :lol: I don't know, I just feel like by now there's enough of a "let's just get it done" mentality to win over enough average swing voters.

Not that I've ever been one of them, so it's hard to put yourself in their place, but still. :dunno: 

It's going to be essential to effectively counter the "just get it done" narrative, which is BULL SHIT, I agree. You'd think most people this side of CT's IQ would grasp this, but.....

I'm going to be up and down like the proverbial whore's drawers like. Could really do without this tbh. 

12 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

I've gone into every election in my lifetime full of hope, and Blair aside it's been a catalogue of dispair. Politics and Ashley has broken me this year

I absolutely know what you mean, and if this doesn't go our way I'll be right there with you - but hang on just for this one. It's still possible that we could come away with total victory, as insane as that might sound.

7 minutes ago, Renton said:

It's going to be essential to effectively counter the "just get it done" narrative, which is BULL SHIT, I agree. You'd think most people this side of CT's IQ would grasp this, but.....

I'm going to be up and down like the proverbial whore's drawers like. Could really do without this tbh. 

you're not wrong. you and rayvin were pissing your pants the other week. now we can't lose. can i recommend a course of lithium? 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

you're not wrong. you and rayvin were pissing your pants the other week. now we can't lose. can i recommend a course of lithium? 

I was frantic because the deal was going through. I'm consistent believe it or not - while the deal looked to be going through, off the back of Labour MPs, I thought the game was up. I couldn't see any way out.

With an election it's all to play for.

1 hour ago, Meenzer said:

Aye, remember that May dropped the dementia tax clanger too which was a big blow for the Tories.

56 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I think deep down we’re all shitting it but it does appear that the PM has taken a massive gamble by putting his faith in Cummings. He didn’t even try to get his WA through. We have to win something eventually (in politics, not football)

Cummings isn’t leading the campaign.

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Cummings isn’t leading the campaign.

he isn't? i thought that was the whole point in him being made chief of staff - he's been engineering the people v parliament election from the get go. i know lynton crosby's sidekick has been brought in but cummings is surely still pulling the strings? 

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Me, ewerk and Gloom were like little Fonzies. Rayvin and Renton were doing mutual nappy changes. 

I genuinely do not believe that anyone could have legitimately seen it coming that after a couple of small interruption to his deal, Johnson would inexplicably shelve the whole thing and go for an election instead. It's a ludicrous strategy :lol: 

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Fonzies :lol: Gemmill in there with the topical references for the kids once again.

It's what Cummings was saying a few weeks back, so it literally could not be more topical, shitface. I fucking cannot wait for that border in the Irish sea to bury you in paperwork. 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I absolutely know what you mean, and if this doesn't go our way I'll be right there with you - but hang on just for this one. It's still possible that we could come away with total victory, as insane as that might sound.

Come back to me with that enthusiasm when you are fifty fucking eight. :mellow:

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I genuinely do not believe that anyone could have legitimately seen it coming that after a couple of small interruption to his deal, Johnson would inexplicably shelve the whole thing and go for an election instead. It's a ludicrous strategy :lol: 

It was unlikely to get through though. Many of the votes at second reading were incredibly soft.