Politics

Christmas Tree

Thing is we know there are lots (?) of moderates who want Corbyn out but I thought like 2 years ago they were biding their time awaiting a bad defeat to force him out.

Quitting now seems a bit strange - unless they're worried they may do "well" again and want to sabotage that.

I don't think Watson was thought of as new leader material by the way - even by those moderates.

41 minutes ago, Renton said:

This is odd. Why now? I'm obviously no Corbyn fan but at this point you have to get behind him. 

I think its probably because Watson is a child in a man's body.

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

This is.... interesting...

Could the Tories be in real trouble here? I hope they've made a terrible miscalculation with this election. 

I guess Heidi Allen was a little hasty in jumping ship.

37 minutes ago, Alex said:

Ian Austin. What a cunt

I can understand his frustrations and problems with Corbyn but I'm not sure how he's made the jump to endorsing Johnson. If you have a problem with racism, dodgy friends and doubts about Russia then the Tories aren't the logical choice.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I can understand his frustrations and problems with Corbyn but I'm not sure how he's made the jump to endorsing Johnson. If you have a problem with racism, dodgy friends and doubts about Russia then the Tories aren't the logical choice.

Exactly 

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Aye. I listened to him this morning. I mean what the fuck? Just bypass the lib dems or greens or whoever and effectively endorse Boris fucking Johnson? The most extreme right wing tory party in living memory? Not to mention they are no dealers, want us to cut all ties with Europe and jump into bed with Trump's USA. I'll take my chances with Corbyn thanks, you treacherous cunt. 

• Like 2

He should quote from the poem he published when he was editor of the Spectator. 

The Scotch – what a verminous race!

Canny, pushy, chippy, they’re all over the place, Battening off us with false bonhomie, Polluting our stock, undermining our economy.

Down with sandy hair and knobbly knees!

Suppress the tartan dwarves and the Wee Frees!

Ban the kilt, the skean-dhu and the sporran

As provocatively, offensively foreign!

It’s time Hadrian’s Wall was refortified

To pen them in a ghetto on the other side.

I would go further. The nation

Deserves not merely isolation

But comprehensive extermination.

We must not flinch from a solution.”

He’ll make some new friends. 

• Jaysus... 1

I've got a new theory that every time the Johnson Tories need someone to go on telly to be used as a punching bag - so after they've lost a big vote, or they've made some sort of gaffe - they ALWAYS put a non-white face out there. 

Kwasi Kwarteng

Rishi Sunak

Nadhim Zahawi

James Cleverley (he's chairman so maybe not as strong an argument here). 

Keep an eye on it. These lads get sent out to defend the indefensible and talk absolute horseshit every time. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

He should quote from the poem he published when he was editor of the Spectator. 

The Scotch – what a verminous race!

Canny, pushy, chippy, they’re all over the place, Battening off us with false bonhomie, Polluting our stock, undermining our economy.

Down with sandy hair and knobbly knees!

Suppress the tartan dwarves and the Wee Frees!

Ban the kilt, the skean-dhu and the sporran

As provocatively, offensively foreign!

It’s time Hadrian’s Wall was refortified

To pen them in a ghetto on the other side.

I would go further. The nation

Deserves not merely isolation

But comprehensive extermination.

We must not flinch from a solution.”

He’ll make some new friends. 

I mean I know he will say this is in the spirit of jest, but at the same time you just know there is a tinge of seriousness about this, the mask slipping. It could have been pretty funny until the end when it actually turns genocidal....  

• Like 1