Politics

Christmas Tree

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

Separate, left of field notion - if it came down to it, do you think a Tory/Liberal coalition could be achieved off the back of Johnson conceding a second referendum, and Swinson otherwise agreeing to prop him up? It would actually be a less stunning betrayal of the LD voters than it might first appear.

Yeah, I'm sure the ERG are going to be peachy with that idea. 

At the moment it doesn't look like Johnson needs anyone for a majority government. This may change though, I pray it does. 

2 hours ago, Tom said:

It’s fucking ridiculous like but it’s to be expected. 

It’s not ridiculous though. It all undermines his ability to be this country’s leader in the eyes of much of the population.

2 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

There isn’t a conceivable scenario where the UK would launch a unilateral nuclear strike against any other foreign power :cuppa:

Is that what he's getting stick for? I thought it was the counter offensive notion. i.e. someone nukes us, Corbyn won't nuke back. Putting aside the fact that actually, once you get into that territory, the only purpose of the counter-nuke is revenge and massacre.

Edited by Rayvin

I saw a comment from Paul Mason that the future for Labour should be to concentrate on more modern "working class" groups like the low paid workers in the cities as well as nurses, health workers etc and they should leave the hardline europhobe racists behind.

I reckon a venn diagram of old, leave/racist, northern labour voters which included the "God bless the queen/nuke em all" camp would be pretty overlapping.

I reckon he has a point.

BTW did anyone notice how the BBC edited out Johnson looking like a tramp and laying the wreath upside down and substituted old footage?

Maybe the cunts should photoshop Michael Foots "donkey" jacket out of history just for balance. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Legitimate question, could Boris Johnson nuke someone without Parliament's say so? Could Corbyn refuse to nuke someone and overrule Parliament?

The U.K. would never launch a preemptive strike and I believe the PM has full power to launch a retaliatory strike. There simply wouldn’t be time for parliament to convene and agree.

31 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Is that what he's getting stick for? I thought it was the counter offensive notion. i.e. someone nukes us, Corbyn won't nuke back. Putting aside the fact that actually, once you get into that territory, the only purpose of the counter-nuke is revenge and massacre.

Maybe after half of the UK is decimated we can open talks with the aggressor and they’ll see our POV.

8 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Maybe after half of the UK is decimated we can open talks with the aggressor and they’ll see our POV.

Once half the UK is decimated, aren't we kind of done with that war? I mean unless they're actively genocidal, what difference does it make if we nuke them back?

1 hour ago, NJS said:

BTW did anyone notice how the BBC edited out Johnson looking like a tramp and laying the wreath upside down and substituted old footage?

Maybe the cunts should photoshop Michael Foots "donkey" jacket out of history just for balance. 

Aye, but they said “sorry, production eror” so that’s ok. :good:

As a man with a fairly worthless degree in film and television production I can tell you they’ll have had to go to some effort to replace that footage with the 2016 equivalent.

Fucking “database errors” honestly man. 

Its Stalinism.

• Like 1

Shouldn’t they get a hefty fine and whatnot for political fuckery in an election build up? 

( We know  that the BBC dept is ToryTV now, but I thought they had  to pretend to be impartial during elections?) 

On 11/7/2019 at 09:51, Gemmill said:

:lol:

And look who's doing the broadcast round this morning. My main man Rishi.

And sent out this morning to dodge questions on Russia and the cost of the Tory plan. Poor fucker didn't stand a chance. The audience were actually laughing at him come the end.

Edited by ewerk

Just now, ewerk said:

Aye, I suppose there's no chance of them targeting Scotland unfortunately.

:lol:

Point of Order; Scotland, with its military bases and “secret” bases, would be near the top of the target list I’d say.