Politics

Christmas Tree

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

Simples. They manage the economy better than anyone else. Every Labour government has left office with unemployment higher than when they came in.

I thought Corbyns manifesto launch was very good, also his speech to the CBI. I think he is a very genuine bloke and believes what he says but the bottom line is that promising he can achieve all that just by hitting the richest 5% is bollocks. Even the IFS say so.

I find the return to secondary picketing and taking 10% of the value off every company with 250 plus employees terrifying. We will be back to the 70’s of wealth creators moving offshore, crippling strikes hitting every sector and eventually the continued trend of no money left and more unemployment.

Personally I long for a return to sensible centrist policies and living within our means.

We should be welcoming in a landslide centre left government but it looks like we are heading for another deathly hung parliament.

Mate, his central pledge is to pursue a policy that 99% of economists say will severely damage our economy and future and you’re still happy to vote for him?

Edited by ewerk

6 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Simples. They manage the economy better than anyone else. Every Labour government has left office with unemployment higher than when they came in.

This Tory government, if it leaves office, will be departing with a higher national debt than we've ever had, doubling what it was dealing with when it took over.

They're morons man, you know they are.

9 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I thought Corbyns manifesto launch was very good, also his speech to the CBI. I think he is a very genuine bloke and believes what he says but the bottom line is that promising he can achieve all that just by hitting the richest 5% is bollocks. Even the IFS say so.

I find the return to secondary picketing and taking 10% of the value off every company with 250 plus employees terrifying. We will be back to the 70’s of wealth creators moving offshore, crippling strikes hitting every sector and eventually the continued trend of no money left and more unemployment.

Personally I long for a return to sensible centrist policies and living within our means.

We should be welcoming in a landslide centre left government but it looks like we are heading for another deathly hung parliament.

The argument they’ve managed the economy better than anyone else lost relevance the moment they abandoned evidence based policy, you fat little cunt 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Mate, his central pledge is to pursue a policy that 99% of economists say will severely damage our economy and future and you’re still happy to vote for him?

They say Brexit might reduce the amount of growth, but Labours manifesto, sadly will bankrupt the country.

If Labour put that manifesto forward but added that all of us would have to pay a bit more to achieve it ( as happens in Europe), then it would get a landslide.

That would be honest and achievable.

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

They say Brexit might reduce the amount of growth, but Labours manifesto, sadly will bankrupt the country.

If Labour put that manifesto forward but added that all of us would have to pay a bit more to achieve it ( as happens in Europe), then it would get a landslide.

The country is £1.5tn in debt. Out of interest, where do you think the extra £700bn that the Tories have racked national debt up by since coming into power has actually gone? Since we're living under austerity etc.

14 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

The City fears a Corbyn government. But not as much as it fears Brexit 

The city forecasts that Brexit will mean a slower growth rate. On Corbyn the FT says “TERMINAL ECONOMIC DECLINE”! 

Good paper, suggest you read it :lol:

1F9BA21D-2966-4840-8D12-E03DD360607F.jpeg

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

You got any evidence that it’ll bankrupt us? As far as European countries go it’ll put us firmly in the middle of the pack regarding taxation and spending.

Yes, but they’ve done that over many years and on the back of higher taxation for everyone as detailed by the IFS yesterday.

You know it’s a cheap con. You can have all this but only the top 5% will pay. Sadly that’s the way politics is. If they’d said everyone has to pay for this better standard of living, they would get nowhere.

I'm not convinced that there's an overwhelming demand for a return to centrism based on what we're seeing, it has to be said.

I think we're in "pick a side" territory.

CT has chosen the racist millionaires for some reason but there we go.

18 minutes ago, Alex said:

The argument they’ve managed the economy better than anyone else lost relevance the moment they abandoned evidence based policy, you fat little cunt 

This is the top and bottom of it. This sentence is 100% accurate.

And ffs @ewerk.

22263.jpg

• Haha 3

Tories have decided they've won tonight's TV thing. Apparently the thing they wanted most was for Corbyn to say something unequivocal on Brexit. Now they can stitch him up as they planned to no matter what he said, apparently.

45 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Can I have that in English?   

Catching up on the thing from last night. Christ you could almost feel sorry for Swinson if she wasn't such an ambitious little shit. The only people getting applauded were the audience members that were dismantling her. 

Does feel like a canny pro Labour crowd mind. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Catching up on the thing from last night. Christ you could almost feel sorry for Swinson if she wasn't such an ambitious little shit. The only people getting applauded were the audience members that were dismantling her. 

Does feel like a canny pro Labour crowd mind. 

It's hard to tell on crowd bias. Were they pro-Labour or were they just well informed? 

Edited by Rayvin
  • Like 1