Politics

Christmas Tree

11 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Corbyn: I blame Britain 

Why are people so afraid of confronting the consequences for their actions :lol:

If you fuck up an entire region that is woefully underequipped to resist you conventionally, they're going to strike back however they can.

I still think calling for scaling back interventionism is not a deal breaker for the Brexit crowd.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Why are people so afraid of confronting the consequences for their actions :lol:

If you fuck up an entire region that is woefully underequipped to resist you conventionally, they're going to strike back however they can.

I still think calling for scaling back interventionism is not a deal breaker for the Brexit crowd.

It's one of their favourite tropes "BLIARS ILL EAGLE WAR IN ERACK 😡"

As you say though pointing this out to the hard of thinking doesn't go down too well. I think if Johnson gets his majority and Trump gets another term Iran will cop it and this country will loose another 500-1000 of our young people 😞

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

The kind of voters Corbyn needs to win over won’t see any connection between UK foreign policy and a madman from Stoke murdering lawyers who campaign for prisoner rehabilitation. 

He is absolutely fucking clueless. 

28 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

The kind of voters Corbyn needs to win over won’t see any connection between UK foreign policy and a madman from Stoke murdering lawyers who campaign for prisoner rehabilitation. 

He is absolutely fucking clueless. 

Maybe that's true, but do we not desperately need someone to just stand up and tell the fucking truth...

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/ipso-upholds-labour-activist-s-accuracy-complaint-against-jc-1.493698

The Jewish Chronicle forced to retract and apologise for 4 articles for lying about Corbyn, Labour and anti-semitism.

I now consider this outlet to be trash and irrelevant in political discussions.

Oof! 
Right in the knackers. 

Considering they’re a party who wants to revoke article 50, I find it difficult to stomach the Lib Dems’ continued assertion that the two main parties are as bad as each other. 

2 hours ago, Rayvin said:

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/ipso-upholds-labour-activist-s-accuracy-complaint-against-jc-1.493698

The Jewish Chronicle forced to retract and apologise for 4 articles for lying about Corbyn, Labour and anti-semitism.

I now consider this outlet to be trash and irrelevant in political discussions.

You think they're bad? You're going to blow a gasket when you get round to reading the Evening Chronicle. :faint:

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

You think they're bad? You're going to blow a gasket when you get round to reading the Evening Chronicle. :faint:

Vent Your Spleen used to be fucking brilliant like. Like The Viz Letters Page 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Renton said:

Come to think of it, wtf is the word derivation of "vent your spleen"?  Presumably medieval. 

It comes from the medieval practice of cutting 4 horizontal slots above and in to the spleen of patients suffering from excessive grumpiness to release vapours and daemons. 
The practice died out when the less invasive practice of pulling the vapours out of their arse took over, which is also where I found this complete fabrication. 

• Haha 6

Labour putting Richard Burgon up for the debate tonight. I didn’t watch it but can’t imagine it wouldn’t  have been any worse to stick a wet flannel on the podium.

Edited by ewerk