Politics

Christmas Tree

39 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

I didn't even realise Swinson had voted for austerity policies, fuck me she's even more of a big titted arsehole than I thought.

She voted for the most cuntish policies more times than Johnson. 

She started off this campaign saying she had no regrets but I think the stick she's taken has taken its toll and I see she's now saying sorry. 

She was in coalition so she had no choice but to vote for the Tory policies but she's done a shit job of explaining it. She'd have been far better apologising from the very start of the campaign instead of obfuscating.

20 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Well, he did it because he knows that the electorate is largely made up of cock wipes that will judge him for it, and to avoid Daily Mail splashes on how he thinks the Queen is a cunt tomorrow.

Yep. Mind, I'm puzzled why they thought a commie loving jew hating marxist would watch the queens speech anyway.

Btw, this Chequers pledge is fucking ridiculous. Why do Labour feel the need to make such ridiculous promises?

"dirty zio", "hitler was right", "go home and count your money" - FFS. 

it's essential reading for those still on here who are still in doubt about the issue. the evidence submitted also implicates corbyn 

That is genuinely horrific. And, easy for me to say as someone who couldn't give a shit about religion, but to me that is significantly worse than any anti-semitism problem. Like on a different planet worse. 

• Like 1

Yes, on balance weighing up 130,000 deaths against any manner of racist verbalisation should be a no brainer in terms of voting, notwithstanding the fact that this is a depressing thing even to write.

Having said that, it's hugely dismal reading. I mean there is evidence that Israel actively runs campaigns in this country against relatively anti-Israel MPs, so the stuff that comes from a position of Israel manipulating things behind the scenes is an understandable if tin foil hat response IMO. What isn't understandable or in any way defensible is the active persecution of members of the party simply for reasons such as this. And that dinner conversation about 'subhumans', I mean what in the actual shit is that about. That's hard right kind of talk, it should have no place within Labour whatsoever, even accounting for the political horseshoe of the right and left. Labour simply shouldn't be that extreme.

With some 500,000 members, you'd expect certain cases like this to come up, and I guess the claims of entryism around the time Corbyn was elected are at least partially responsible for this. I have no doubt on Corbyn's part that he takes a very dim view of Israel, as any right thinking person should, but if he's in any way involved in actual abuse (which I find hard to believe but I guess you never know) then it's just abhorrent.

Edited by Rayvin

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

This is a great idea btw. 

https://secure.booktrust.org.uk/donation/

Tenner donation and they'll make sure a child in care gets a book for Christmas. Tell whoever is pestering you to do Secret Santa to fuck off and do this instead. 

My wife's office is doing Secret Santa this year and she's told her team they're doing similar and donating it to a local homeless charity instead.  I like this idea too.  I have just donated.

• Like 1

I dont see why you can't do both. ;)

We did Sneaky Santa last year which was a lot of fun and made me some money. Team bonding and all that (we do fuck all else).

Also, I have dozens of books I could donate rather than waste the planet's resources printing new ones. Nobody wants to read a David Walliams book twice after all (or once for that matter). Any easy way of doing this? 

I went to a local library earlier this year to give some of my old books.  Fuck me, they're picky as fuck! 

Has to be in a certain condition (I get that one and I am fine with that)
Has to be of a certain publish date

Has to be certain authors

etc

Mad! 

13 minutes ago, Renton said:

I dont see why you can't do both. ;)

We did Sneaky Santa last year which was a lot of fun and made me some money. Team bonding and all that (we do fuck all else).

Also, I have dozens of books I could donate rather than waste the planet's resources printing new ones. Nobody wants to read a David Walliams book twice after all (or once for that matter). Any easy way of doing this? 

Sounds like maybe you don't want to donate. What a fucking Jew! 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

That is genuinely horrific. And, easy for me to say as someone who couldn't give a shit about religion, but to me that is significantly worse than any anti-semitism problem. Like on a different planet worse. 

I'm actually struggling with this graph, the more I look at it. Are we saying here that in the first eight years of Labour under Blair, children in temporary accommodation actually rose to levels higher than now exist under the Tories?

Obviously I can see the sudden push downwards but the start of the graph is actually fairly worrying in its own right.

6 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I'm actually struggling with this graph, the more I look at it. Are we saying here that in the first eight years of Labour under Blair, children in temporary accommodation actually rose to levels higher than now exist under the Tories?

Obviously I can see the sudden push downwards but the start of the graph is actually fairly worrying in its own right.

Me too tbh. I don't get the big decline following the 2008 crash either. Maybe something to do with changing definitions? 

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

Me too tbh. I don't get the big decline following the 2008 crash either. Maybe something to do with changing definitions? 

I think maybe the assumption is that there's a time delay in effects - people eat through their savings, maybe sporadic surveying of the issue? Clearly the Tories came in and swept out whatever was protecting people, although notably they've gone slow and steady (wisely, for their ends).

Still doesn't explain what was going on in early New Labour. Non-priority issue maybe? But then it's a bit rich for us to use that now as a stick to beat the Tories with.

I guess it's one of those things that takes a while to turn around, so you're seeing the delayed impact of what happened after 1997, a bit like Trump being able to take credit for the economic upturn that's down to the foundations laid by Obama.

I could, of course, be talking out of my arse. :lol:

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

You mean in the same was as they define rough sleeping?  I.e if the bloke in the car doesnt see it, it doesnt exist.