Politics

Christmas Tree

37 minutes ago, Alex said:

People in food banks saying they’ll vote for Johnson. I’m almost at the stage where I think they deserve what’s coming to them. 

I saw that interview,  from Grimsby if it's the one you mean. Also pictured the bloke, who was morbidly obese, buying chocolate in the benefits shop. Type of editing/framing Gloomy does no doubt. 

Problem is though, how representative really are these vox pops? Plenty of people in his position won't be voting for Johnson but will suffer the consequences any way.

1 minute ago, Renton said:

I saw that interview,  from Grimsby if it's the one you mean. Also pictured the bloke, who was morbidly obese, buying chocolate in the benefits shop. Type of editing/framing Gloomy does no doubt. 

Problem is though, how representative really are these vox pops? Plenty of people in his position won't be voting for Johnson but will suffer the consequences any way.

I’m hoping they’re not too representative and did certainly wonder if it the Beeb’s shite idea of representation by putting equal amounts of each side of the divide on screen. But it doesn’t mean they don’t exist in fairly large numbers and I’m fairly bereft of sympathy for their plight in many cases. I also recognise the right is winning when one comes round to that way of thinking though 

Aye. I've got no time for the angry gammons who tend to be retired and are frankly pathetic. Fuck them. But when I see parents with kids brainwashed by this shit I genuinely feel despair. The tories have been in 10 years ffs. They are the ones that have caused your situation. And you want more of it? 

Just now, Renton said:

Aye. I've got no time for the angry gammons who tend to be retired and are frankly pathetic. Fuck them. But when I see parents with kids brainwashed by this shit I genuinely feel despair. The tories have been in 10 years ffs. They are the ones that have caused your situation. And you want more of it? 

What are they voting for? Is it honestly just a vote on personalities? Because I can't think of any single way in which those struggling would be better off under the Tories than Labour.

Press conference ongoing with Corbyn brandishing a confidential treasury report saying that basically all businesses (98%) in NI that export to GB will struggle to bear the cost of regulatory checks. 

*sound of horse and carts screeching to a halt.* 

<_< Pity no one in GB is going to give a fuck. I had to fill out an EU customs declaration yesterday for a customer that covers us for two years and that was a ball ache. To do so for every order we send to GB would be an absolute nightmare.

How can you expect people to be any different with the amount of misinformation and lying going on man.

Maybe we're the crazy ones for being so invested in it.

Until the media does it's job properly, which it never will under the Tories, I don't see how this changes.

1 hour ago, Alex said:

People in food banks saying they’ll vote for Johnson. I’m almost at the stage where I think they deserve what’s coming to them. 

I keep wavering dangerously close to this too. The problem is that there will be no satisfying moment of clarity where they realise the truth. It's more likely they'll just starve to death.

Significant stuff in this leak. 

What was Laura Kuennsberg's response? 

Apparently it "isn't that surprising or secret" that 98% of NI businesses will struggle to bear the cost of regulatory checks. 

She is bought and paid for by the Tory party. Sky news correspondents are doing detailed drill downs into the slide pack, and this is her contribution. 

I think she's right in that it isn't particularly surprising and has been confirmed by Steve Barclay in front of committee. But the Prime Minister has consistently and repeatedly lied about it and no one seems to care.

51 minutes ago, ewerk said:

<_< Pity no one in GB is going to give a fuck. I had to fill out an EU customs declaration yesterday for a customer that covers us for two years and that was a ball ache. To do so for every order we send to GB would be an absolute nightmare.

I thought you wanted to be in a special regulatory and customs zone?

Kuennsberg is a waste of space. Seems like something the militant Corbynistas actually got right early on.

Of course it makes sense though when you think about it. She's fucking loaded. Of course she wants Boris to win.

15 minutes ago, Renton said:

I thought you wanted to be in a special regulatory and customs zone?

I did if it meant unfettered access to GB as was promised. I knew there would be paperwork involved going east to west but not vice versa.

7 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I'm not a fan of the abolition of fees. Bringing them back down to pre-Tory levels would be fair enough.

Might be harsh but I'd make useful subjects free and leave fees for indulgent ones. 

• Like 3

I think the media have learned from last time. Too many forces coming together against Labour. Corbyn doesn't help either but I'm certain that we've been stitched up in Tory friendly press rooms this time out. Same as last time really.

2 hours ago, NJS said:

I think the influence of printed media is waning though - I don't see that many undecideds choosing to buy the mail or telegraph. 

Amongst the educated I fully agree, but I'm not sure for the working classes... Hard to imagine them digesting political commentaries, even pro Brexit ones, on YouTube.