Politics

Christmas Tree

This is utterly ridiculous. Johnson is lying time after time with his hands behind his back and when Corbyn replies he simply goes to his stump speech. He refuses to engage with the lies that Johnson is telling.

When Johnson gets in this will be a Labour failing far more than a Tory success.

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

This is utterly ridiculous. Johnson is lying time after time with his hands behind his back and when Corbyn replies he simply goes to his stump speech. He refuses to engage with the lies that Johnson is telling.

When Johnson gets in this will be a Labour failing far more than a Tory success.

I think he's doing okay personally. Every word Johnson says is a lie and Robinson should hold him to account on that. But Corbyn is presenting a positive outlook which I think is coming across quite well.

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Another thing about Corbyn is that he’s happy to point out Tory failings but refuses to highlight New Labour successes.

Well it is a decade ago. Mind, he did go back to the 50s Labour successes. 

1 minute ago, Renton said:

I think he's doing okay personally. Every word Johnson says is a lie and Robinson should hold him to account on that. But Corbyn is presenting a positive outlook which I think is coming across quite well.

Are you serious? Johnson attacks Dianne Abbott as Home Secretary and Corbyn refuses to mention that the current Home Secretary was previously sacked for having clandestine meetings with a foreign power?

It’s shambolic. He’s ten points behind in the polls and needs to go on the attack but is soft as a fucking kitten.

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Are you serious? Johnson attacks Dianne Abbott as Home Secretary and Corbyn refuses to mention that the current Home Secretary was previously sacked for having clandestine meetings with a foreign power?

It’s shambolic. He’s ten points behind in the polls and needs to go on the attack but is soft as a fucking kitten.

Fair enough, but thats not Corbyn is it? You're describing a politician that isn't him. That is, a successful one. I mean he's doing as well as can be expected for being Corbyn. 

You’re right. It’s 100% Corbyn but I thought that he might come out fighting given the situation he’s in. Instead he’s failed to turn the dial at all. He needed to call Johnson a liar because that’s what he is and the rest of the country know it. He spoke about the £350m a week at the end but didn’t even call that a lie. He’s soft as fuck. An idealist but should be nowhere near the head of a party.

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

You’re right. It’s 100% Corbyn but I thought that he might come out fighting given the situation he’s in. Instead he’s failed to turn the dial at all. He needed to call Johnson a liar because that’s what he is and the rest of the country know it. He spoke about the £350m a week at the end but didn’t even call that a lie. He’s soft as fuck. An idealist but should be nowhere near the head of a party.

Well I 100% agree. But I wasn't one of the knackers that voted him in. @Rayvin will never be able to apologise enough for this.  

6 minutes ago, Renton said:

Well I 100% agree. But I wasn't one of the knackers that voted him in. @Rayvin will never be able to apologise enough for this.  

Think I've expressed regret for this in the past. I read his policies and voted for him based on those. Knew nothing of the man.

It is indeed my fault, in part.

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Well that confirms it. If you can’t beat May or Johnson then you aren’t made for front line politics.

No shit. You knew this 3 years ago though, so did most of us. Corbyn would struggle to head the sixth form debating club. Politics in this country is beyond fucked, and i reckon we haven't seen anything yet. 

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Think I've expressed regret for this in the past. I read his policies and voted for him based on those. Knew nothing of the man.

It is indeed my fault, in part.

;)

Policies alone  haven't been enough for 4 decades. 

1 minute ago, Renton said:

No shit. You knew this 3 years ago though, so did most of us. Corbyn would struggle to head the sixth form debating club. Politics in this country is beyond fucked, and i reckon we haven't seen anything yet. 

Yeah but like a fool I thought he’d have learned something from past failures, that he’d change tact with being so far behind in the polls. Maybe he did try but he just doesn’t have it in him to lead the country. 

Still, we can always look forward to seeing him in the leaders’ debates 2024.

8 minutes ago, ewerk said:

For someone who didn’t want it he held on rightly after the 2017 defeat.

He offered to stand down after the leadership debacle the year before.

And Labour absolutely viewed 2017 as a victory more than a defeat. Even the Blairites backed off.