Politics

Christmas Tree

I think that’s a big part of the BBC’s problem. They’ve never had to deal with a government so comfortable with lying at will and have tended to be deferential in an attempt to appear impartial.

And then you have utter bollocks like the headline above and LK’s rubbish. 

Apparently last time out in their final poll, Yougov predicted 306 for the Tories. So they're 33 stronger.

I mean, it's gonna be fucking close but it's the hope that kills you so I'm going to be writing the whole thing off and getting hammered on election night if it looks close.

Edited by Rayvin

I would say the tactically astute thing for Labour and basically everyone to do tomorrow, is to say there's zero risk of a Corbyn majority government, so feel completely free to vote for Labour, LDs, whoever. All that matters is killing Brexit and kicking out the Tories. There is no risk of anything on the other side so there's everything to gain and nothing to lose from a tactical vote.

Weather's looking pretty vile on Thursday. Hope you soft young twats can motivate yourselves to leave your playstations or whatever you do for half an hour.

Seriously though, turnout is paramount. 

• Like 1

In some encouraging news, my 97 yr old gran who votes Tory always, and voted for Brexit, has voted Green because she finds Johnson repellent.

Not sure that means anything but it surprised me a bit :lol:

Edited by Rayvin

5 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Apparently last time out in their final poll, Yougov predicted 306 for the Tories. So they're 33 stronger.

I mean, it's gonna be fucking close but it's the hope that kills you so I'm going to be writing the whole thing off and getting hammered on election night if it looks close.

Worth noting as well that they got 93% of seats right last time. If they repeat thst this time, that's still 7% they'll get wrong, which is 45 seats. That's more than enough to turn the result on its head. 

Obviously those seats could break in either direction, but the direction of travel based on the graph ewerk posted is clearly with Labour. 

This business of Matt Hancock having deliberately faked news and spread disinformation about that kids in Leeds hospital should be front and centre today.

I daresay nothing of any relevance will be seen on the BBC though.

• Like 1

there's a running debate in my household about whether to keep things such as ketchup, mustard or chocolate in the fridge. we will have to add PM to the list of contentious items

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Anyone who keeps those items in a fridge is clearly a sociopath.

Wrong (with the exception of Boris Johnson). Chocolate is always better cold and hard, it melts in you mouth, not in the packet. Mustard not important. But ketchup nowadays has much less salt and preservatives than it used to, so need to be kept refrigerated to stop it spoiling.