Politics

Christmas Tree

2 hours ago, Renton said:

Eggs are on supermarket shelves for about a day on average, they have a rapid turnover so no need to refrigerate in shop.

If I ever meet you I'm reminded not to shake your cack covered hand. 

It is generally not a good idea to put eggs in the fridge.  Eggs have a protective film on the outside and the law makes it illegal for egg producers in the UK to  wash their eggs as this might remove this film.  

https://www.quora.com/In-the-UK-eggs-must-not-be-washed-and-are-kept-at-room-temperature-In-the-US-eggs-must-be-washed-and-refrigerated-Why-are-there-different-regulations

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, S Norman said:

It is generally not a good idea to put eggs in the fridge.  Eggs have a protective film on the outside and the law makes it illegal for egg producers in the UK to  wash their eggs as this might remove this film.  

https://www.quora.com/In-the-UK-eggs-must-not-be-washed-and-are-kept-at-room-temperature-In-the-US-eggs-must-be-washed-and-refrigerated-Why-are-there-different-regulations

Image result for gif crowd rap"

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Is it even remotely realistic that she has the inside track on postal votes btw? Is that not as under lock and key as every other vote? 

She'll regurgitate any old shite she's told by the Tories.

Gloom man. Seriously. Why are you defending these people? They've called your whole profession into disrepute by being partisan fucking arseholes.

They've let us down, they've let you down. No one is going to rally to the BBC when the Tories come for it. It's not because we're all being unfair  it's because they're at best -at best- fucking shit at what they're meant to do. At worst they operate in a state of institutional fear of the Tories which prevents them from acting as they should. With the exception of Kuenssberg who surely must be one of Johnson's mistresses.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Is it even remotely realistic that she has the inside track on postal votes btw? Is that not as under lock and key as every other vote? 

Candidates are allowed to read them coming in. It's forbidden to disclose results though, LK is on dodgy ground here. 

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Candidates are allowed to read them coming in. It's forbidden to disclose results though, LK is on dodgy ground here. 

So it's not illegal for them to look at them? That's surprising to say the least. Are you sure? There's people on Twitter reporting it to the electoral commission...

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Gloom man. Seriously. Why are you defending these people? They've called your whole profession into disrepute by being partisan fucking arseholes.

They've let us down, they've let you down. No one is going to rally to the BBC when the Tories come for it. It's not because we're all being unfair  it's because they're at best -at best- fucking shit at what they're meant to do. At worst they operate in a state of institutional fear of the Tories which prevents them from acting as they should. With the exception of Kuenssberg who surely must be one of Johnson's mistresses.

He's a journalist in denial, it's only just dawning on him. 

8ubGFLt.gif

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Excuse me, who are “these people” I am apparently defending? Have you seen me defend LK since the fake fight story broke, which I condemned?

All I’ve done since is explain how tweeting something is different to having something published in bbc news, in the sense that it isn’t edited or commissioned.

Edited by Dr Gloom

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

Excuse me, who are “these people” I am apparently defending? Have you seen me defend LK since the fake fight story broke?

You've literally just been going on about how "technically" no one has done anything wrong because even though literally everyone will take things said by journalists on Twitter as gospel, it doesn't actually count as a BBC broadcast.

So when I say they're calling your profession into disrepute, it's because no fucker knows that they can just tweet any old bullshit because they arent scrutinised there, and it gets spread around as the truth. LK and Peston know they can. And they know people don't know that they can.

So the BBC lends it's impartial credibility to them, they shit all over it, and then you say it's our fault for not appreciating that the nuance is that they can act like partisan spunksockets all they want on Twitter because it's not actually the BBC.

If I was you I'd be fucking furious. I'm furious on your behalf even.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

You've literally just been going on about how "technically" no one has done anything wrong because even though literally everyone will take things said by journalists on Twitter as gospel, it doesn't actually count as a BBC broadcast.

So when I say they're calling your profession into disrepute, it's because no fucker knows that they can just tweet any old bullshit because they arent scrutinised there, and it gets spread around as the truth. LK and Peston know they can. And they know people don't know that they can.

So the BBC lends it's impartial credibility to them, they shit all over it, and then you say it's our fault for not appreciating that the nuance is that they can act like partisan spunksockets all they want on Twitter because it's not actually the BBC.

If I was you I'd be fucking furious. I'm furious on your behalf even.

No, I’m saying reporters, even senior political journalists, should treat the platform with the respect it demands and bloody well know better and that I’d be amazed if story like that, spun by the Tory PR machine, went out on the BBC itself without being stood up.

I’m appalled at how she’s carried on, I’ve already made that clear, and I’d be amazed if she isn’t being bollocked behind closed doors, but I’m deeply disappointed with the lack of response or adequate apology from the bbc press office over this. I would also question whether she is still in the role after the election. There is a strong case against her. But by then, of course, it’s too late, given the influence  she wields.

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 1

Fair enough.

I mean to me, she has the cocky swagger of someone who either knows they're untouchable (i.e. backed from on high) or who has something lined up for herself post-shitshow anyway. 

But if the BBC really wants people on side, it has to actually make examples of the people doing this. And not just when it's too late. 

Edited by Rayvin
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

No, I’m saying reporters, even senior political journalists, should treat the platform with the respect it demands and bloody well know better and that I’d be amazed if story like that, spun by the Tory or machine, went out on the BBC itself without being stood up.

I’m appalled at how she’s carried on, I’ve already made that clear, and I’d be amazed if she isn’t being bollocked behind closed doors, but I’m deeply disappointed with the lack of response or adequate apology from the bbc press office over this. I would also question whether she is still in the role after the election. There is a strong case against her. But by then, of course, it’s too late, given the influence  she wields.

Her getting bollocked behind closed doors (if this is even happening) is just another sign of complicity from her bosses 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

Her getting bollocked behind closed doors (if this is even happening) is just another sign of complicity from her bosses 

This is a good fucking point too. We need to actually see the BBC standing up for its impartiality, not just be reassured that it's all happening.