Politics

Christmas Tree

5 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Fair enough.

I mean to me, she has the cocky swagger of someone who either knows they're untouchable (i.e. backed from on high) or who has something lined up for herself post-shitshow anyway. 

But if the BBC really wants people on side, it has to actually make examples of the people doing this. And not just when it's too late. 

I stand up for the free press and always will and I think generally we get a bad press, excuse the pun. I think what we’ve seen from LK the past 48 hours is shocking and most honest journalists are rightly pretty furious. 

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

I stand up for the free press and always will and I think generally we get a bad press, excuse the pun. I think what we’ve seen from LK the past 48 hours is shocking and most honest journalists are rightly pretty furious. 

The press in this country doesn’t rank very well in terms of freedom / independence compared to most comparable countries tbh 

23 minutes ago, Alex said:

The press in this country doesn’t rank very well in terms of freedom / independence compared to most comparable countries tbh 

Middling. About the same as France, below Germany and the nordics, above US and Italy 

There is no question that is satisfactory rather than outstanding - a small group of billionaires have a monopoly in legacy media which is skewed to the right. 

I do object to those who say all MSM outlets act in one voice as it’s clearly nonsense. 

I don’t know what the answer is. If isn’t twitter or other forms of social media or citizen journalism. You have the likes of Novara, Canary etc, which are also deeply flawed.

And I’ve always been grateful for the BBC, despite its flaws. We are lucky to have it. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Alex said:

Her getting bollocked behind closed doors (if this is even happening) is just another sign of complicity from her bosses 

Yes, I agree there should have been an emphatic apology/correction from the BBC. Despite it going out on Twitter she is representing them, with her blue verified tick. That brings its own responsibility and redirecting complaints and enquiries to LK’s half arsed apology tweet was an inadequate response from BBC PR. 

9 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

There is no question that is satisfactory rather than outstanding - a small group of billionaires have a monopoly in legacy media which is skewed to the right. 

I do object to those who say all MSM outlets act in one voice as it’s clearly nonsense. 

I don’t know what the answer is. If isn’t twitter or other forms of social media or citizen journalism. You have the likes of Novara, Canary etc, which are also deeply flawed.

And I’ve always been grateful for the BBC, despite its flaws. We are lucky to have it. 

Me too, which is why it’s so painful to see it’s News department hijacked by Torys. 
In every other department it’s superb. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Although looking at the list there are about 3 Labour MPs who should consider it and 20 LDs...

if only they got their act together at the start like the brexit party did with the tories, instead of this swinson can be PM bullshit 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Lib Dem in Cardiff throws his support behind his Labour opponent...

Lib Dem candidate in Stockton South has done the same. And this one is in serious danger of turning blue. 

Criminal that Swinson and Corbyn haven't done this themselves today. Should have been done across the board in all the split vote seats.

Definitely looks weird. It sounds like they ask people if they're likely to vote and then actually produce a weighting based on answer received. But when you compare it to historic levels it sounds like it's a bit of an anomalous result.