Politics

Christmas Tree

24 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

:lol:

Can't expect people to check the previous page man, who has time for that?

Or three posts up, even. :D 

But aye, fair play.

Speaking of canvassing, I know I'm in a safe Labour area but I've literally had one canvasser (Labour, so at least that) knock on my door in nearly 14 years of living in Lewisham, and that was for the council elections five years ago. Really makes you feel wanted. :lol: 

24 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Ah, if you've been out canvassing then you post whatever you want as much as you want mate ;)

Well done for the effort.

Canvassing for the Brexit Party 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Heckled "thick cunts" at a Brexit party campaign van that came through my street with a megaphone earlier. The pitfalls of grocery shopping online, I'm never conveniently carrying eggs (or milkshake). Still felt hard as fuck though.

You don't carry eggs or milkshake, but you had a megaphone handy? Fair play ;)

• Haha 1

There’s a few things in the first paragraph of this I’d strongly argue with and the premise of the article’s title is to me fuckin cringeworthy (not being of that, or any faith, obvs) but I found what  the interviewees said was interesting.... I’ve always known who I was going to vote for when I’ve gone into the booth every time I’ve voted for the last 30 odd years. This time though, I really don’t and it’s partly because of the the issues addressed here...

I read the Jewish rabbis statements about anti-Semitism and why The Jews had abandoned Labour in such numbers. It said there were two reasons.

1. The party has moved too far left.

2. Anti-Semitism.

I find the order of those statements interesting.

Corbyn was also backed last night by several other rabbis from across the country who don't have the media's ear.

Either way, I am enduringly incredulous that anyone seriously thinks that Jewish people are facing some kind of legitimate, state backed persecution under a Labour government.

Edited by Rayvin
  • Like 1

Guardian reporting queues out the door, into the hundreds, of people waiting to vote in several places including Putney which is very marginal. Weather doesn't seem to have been a big deterrent so far.

Apparently my seat is being watched as a national indicator since Newcastle will report early and it's a leave constituency. Would be amazed if it didn't go Labour though.

23 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I read the Jewish rabbis statements about anti-Semitism and why The Jews had abandoned Labour in such numbers. It said there were two reasons.

2. Anti-Semitism.

Corbyn was also backed last night by several other rabbis from across the country who don't have the media's ear.

Either way, I am enduringly incredulous that anyone seriously thinks that Jewish people are facing some kind of legitimate, state backed persecution under a Labour government.

And also that there will be less racism under the Tories. I mean ffs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Baggsy first to vote! Changed my mind at the last and went Brexit Party. Come on Nige, let's do this. 

I was there for opening time but there were two blokes in front of me  - both commuters so my vote was probably wiped out before it was cast. 

28 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

2. Anti-Semitism.

I've overheard two Jewish people at work using the phrase "I'm scared of what he might do". I know their history gives them the right to be cautious but fucking hell. 

27 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Apparently my seat is being watched as a national indicator since Newcastle will report early and it's a leave constituency. Would be amazed if it didn't go Labour though.

I assume they'll be more after vote share movements, Brexit Party squeezes and the like. I remember even in 1997 they were looking at whether Labour would become even more dominant in the already safe Sunderland South, which was the first one to declare (their candidate added 10%, which is when we already knew it was going to be a fun night).