Politics

Christmas Tree

Yeah those look good but it sounds like it's only happening in the cities. Not getting much info from the danger areas. All the students in the world could vote in London and it wouldnt stop the Tories winning if they pick up a handful of the red belt.

Edited by Rayvin

I have this fear that were going to see victory on vote share and loss in seats.

At which point, surely, the calls to bin off FPTP have to become thunderous. But we somehow need to get rid of the bastards first...

• Like 1

That is awesome but it's also a little concerning that the notion that this election is absolutely a must win is really sticking with people.

Sometimes i try to reassure myself that the Tories won't be that bad, but I'm really struggling to convince myself now...

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

This Cardiff uni voter registration thing is a shocker. Pretty sure Cardiff is a marginal as well. 

How many has it affected? And what actually happened anyway..

The uni set up some system to allow people to register to vote using internal systems. They set a deadline of the end of October and the Uni sent all the applications to the council.

But the uni didn't close the internal application system. So people continued to use the system to apply but nothing ever happened with their applications. 

Sounds like 180 people affected. But there's another 200 people affected by a second fuck up in Cardiff. 

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

The uni set up some system to allow people to register to vote using internal systems. They set a deadline of the end of October and the Uni sent all the applications to the council.

But the uni didn't close the internal application system. So people continued to use the system to apply but nothing ever happened with their applications. 

Sounds like 180 people affected. But there's another 200 people affected by a second fuck up in Cardiff. 

Don't sound nefarious but is spectacularly incompetent.

Well that's some reassurance but yes, shame for those young people. Must be super frustrating.

I haven't voted yet, will be going around rush hour. Would be reassuring to see a queue but I've always been alone in the room previously.

How hopeful is everyone feeling? I think it’s going to be tight - we’re in with a shout but Johnson could win a small majority, which is actually a shit result for us as he will have to continue to pander to the ERG. You might see him shift more to the centre if he had a bigger majority. I don’t believe for a second he’s a hardline brexiteer - he’s just a chancer