Politics

Christmas Tree

I think they'll win a majority of around 20.

I think Johnson will sell out the country either way so prefer that his majority is as small as possible. Are there any moderate Tories left...?

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

How hopeful is everyone feeling? I think it’s going to be tight - we’re in with a shout but Johnson could win a small majority, which is actually a shit result for us as he will have to continue to pander to the ERG. You might see him shift more to the centre if he had a bigger majority. I don’t believe for a second he’s a hardline brexiteer - he’s just a chancer 

My gut instinct is still a 20-25 majority. There's a load of ridiculous place like grimsby and Bishop Auckland going to go tory to offset the likes of Putney. 

Hasn't the cunt made sure all of the candidates are his lickspittels? 

23 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

The party she represented sounds absolutely fuckin wizard too :lol:

One of their former candidates, who represented the UK at Eurovision 1962 and 1963, stood in Highgate as an independent in 2015 as "The Eurovisionary Carroill" then promptly died during the election campaign. Still got 113 votes. :lol:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Not a chance the gammons are turning out today. Hung Parliament, Labour government. 

Lots of people voting for their least worse option today which sums up UK politics.

Sorry, I was under the impression that you would find Johnson repellent. No? You've not struggled with this voting decision? But you did back Corbyn last time out, which means you think Johnson is an improvement on May?

1 minute ago, Meenzer said:

Let's be completely honest, you wouldn't be here if you didn't think your team was going to win the footer match tonight. Rah! Rah! Rah!

I don't think I can bear to watch people cheer and gloat over the Tory victory... the people who think that none of this shit matters, its all just a game.

1 minute ago, Meenzer said:

Let's be completely honest, you wouldn't be here if you didn't think your team was going to win the footer match tonight. Rah! Rah! Rah!

I’ve never been away :) Just restrain myself. 

Honestly don’t really mind who wins as long as they can freely implement their manifestos. 

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

I’ve never been away :) Just restrain myself. 

Honestly don’t really mind who wins as long as they can freely implement their manifestos. 

but they're offering radically different manifestos - why don't you care which one is implemented? 

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Sorry, I was under the impression that you would find Johnson repellent. No? You've not struggled with this voting decision? But you did back Corbyn last time out, which means you think Johnson is an improvement on May?

No, all options are shit. Johnson’s just for Johnson and Labours plans will ruin the economy.

• Haha 1