Politics

Christmas Tree

8 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

One of their former candidates, who represented the UK at Eurovision 1962 and 1963, stood in Highgate as an independent in 2015 as "The Eurovisionary Carroill" then promptly died during the election campaign. Still got 113 votes. :lol:

iIts ewerk’s uncle Ronnie :lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronnie_Carroll

• Haha 1

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

No, all options are shit. Johnson’s just for Johnson and Labours plans will ruin the economy.

So you beleive the sweepingly general main arguments against both main parties but you want them both to fully implement their shite manifestos? 

That video is on her tweet is fucking enraging btw. How anyone can watch that and think that they're not being taken for a ride by a collection of rich jackasses, I don't know. I really don't.

And CT, you know fuck all about economics. Stop voting based on it. I know a guy with a fucking PhD in it and works as an advisor to the South Korean government. Guess whose spending policies he backs?

Edited by Rayvin

4 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

So you beleive the sweepingly general main arguments against both main parties but you want them both to fully implement their shite manifestos? 

No, I don’t see any great benefit for the country from either side but I’d rather one side gets to govern rather than nothing getting done as has happened for the last 2 years.

I’m at centrist at heart. The country is really crying out for a Labour 1997 outcome but that’s not on offer.

Im back to lurk mode now to get my nibbles and blue moon ready for 10pm.

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

No, I don’t see any great benefit for the country from either side but I’d rather one side gets to govern rather than nothing getting done as has happened for the last 2 years.

I’m at centrist at heart. The country is really crying out for a Labour 1997 outcome but that’s not on offer.

Im back to lurk mode now to get my nibbles and blue moon ready for 10pm.

Enjoy the "game".

Don't agree on that viewpoint. If its a hung parliament this time then Brexit has to be finally taken off the motherfucking table. It'll be a people's vote.

Once that's done, Corbyn will be gone, Labour can ride in anew and the Tories should be skullfucked into oblivion.

Just now, TheGingerQuiff said:

You think a peoples vote to remain will placate the militant leavers? :lol:

The militant ones, no. But what are they going to do? Where do they go after this? Back to UKIP, all 4 million or so of them.

The non militant ones will just get over it.

Just now, Rayvin said:

The militant ones, no. But what are they going to do? Where do they go after this? Back to UKIP, all 4 million or so of them.

The non militant ones will just get over it.

The ones that are still leave are all militant in my experience. This will rumble on for years. I'm nearly at the point of thinking a soft labour negotiated brexit might be the best outcome

Just now, TheGingerQuiff said:

The ones that are still leave are all militant in my experience. This will rumble on for years. I'm nearly at the point of thinking a soft labour negotiated brexit might be the best outcome

I'd take that if it was voted for.

But look, if we have another vote and it goes against them, what are they going to say? We can just start throwing "will of the people" around, use their own bullshit against them. I honestly think they'll just become bitter and disenfranchised, and maybe that's not a bad thing.

It's not going to come to that though because we are instead going to have a Tory government and two generations of young people disenfranchised.

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

I'd take that if it was voted for.

But look, if we have another vote and it goes against them, what are they going to say? We can just start throwing "will of the people" around, use their own bullshit against them. I honestly think they'll just become bitter and disenfranchised, and maybe that's not a bad thing.

It's not going to come to that though because we are instead going to have a Tory government and two generations of young people disenfranchised.

1-1 revote obv

Just now, Monkeys Fist said:

The only way forward is civil war- a little bit of genocide, wipe out the Leavers, and then we can all get on with it. 

;)

You wink but i know an alarming number of people who are starting to say things like this.