Politics

Christmas Tree

Just now, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol:
Other than being hilarious and embarrassing for them, would that preclude him from being PM?(assuming they got a majority of course)

Apparently not. It would be completely unheard of because he wouldn't have to even show up in Parliament (which he would love cos zero scrutiny). But apparently there's nothing stopping them from just letting him be PM. 

• Jaysus... 1

It concerns me that these small bits of good news are coming from Tory insiders. I reckon they're just getting their vote out. And we'll end up mystefied that they have a 30 seat majority.

I mean how would they know the Lib Dems vote has collapsed?

Edited by Rayvin

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

It concerns me that these small bits of good news are coming from Tory insiders. I reckon they're just getting their vote out. And we'll end up mystefied that they have a 30 seat majority.

I mean how would they know the Lib Dems vote has collapsed?

Ding ding ding

UK news push alerts skew negative on Labour and positive for Tories

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/dec/12/uk-news-push-alerts-negative-labour-positive-tories?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

There's no MSM. Clearly.

If this made it in previously further back then my apologies, but i needed to get the MSM dig in. Sure you understand ;)

Edited by Rayvin

14 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

UK news push alerts skew negative on Labour and positive for Tories

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/dec/12/uk-news-push-alerts-negative-labour-positive-tories?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

There's no MSM. Clearly.

If this made it in previously further back then my apologies, but i needed to get the MSM dig in. Sure you understand ;)

Skewed heavily by Torygraph though 

A little tale to illustrate the fucking horror of what Tory cuntery does to ordinary people. 
Some of you might recall that Mrs. Fist works for a large housing group in sunderland, she came home last week more angry than I’ve seen her in a long time.

She looks after “ vulnerable young adult tenants 25yrs and under”, which runs the full gamut from kids too old for the care system, refugees, abuse victims… you get the picture. 
She had a new client referred to her who was a single mother of  24 with a 4yr son. 
She’s under threat of eviction because of rent arrears, but, here’s the kicker, she’s not some “benefit scrounger” (for want of a better phrase), but works part-time, 4 days a week, in a call centre- decent young lass but struggling.  She has to pay for childcare to have her son looked after whilst she’s at work, and is on the bones of her arse.
She gets a bare minimum Universal Credit. 
When Mrs. Fist went to see her, the little lad came up to her when his Mam was in the kitchen and whispers “ Santa can’t come this year”. 
FFS! 
We’ve put together a bag of presents for him, which Mrs. F could get in trouble for from work, because cunts, but it’s by no means guaranteed that she won’t be booted out in the New Year. 
Fucking shite. 

• Sad 3
  • Jaysus... 1

10 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Labour minority odds drifting

I actually went and checked. The bookies have no inside track, no relevant information, nothing to use to help them set bets for elections other than the betting trends themselves. Don't worry about what the bookies are saying.

3 minutes ago, Andrew said:

That's horrible. 

You and your Mrs are good people fist. 

I think anyone on here, with the obvious exception, would do the same, and it’s like putting an Elastoplast on a tumour. 
The poor lass is by no means the only, or even the worst, case… it’s a fucking travesty. 

2 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I think anyone on here, with the obvious exception, would do the same, and it’s like putting an Elastoplast on a tumour. 
The poor lass is by no means the only, or even the worst, case… it’s a fucking travesty. 

I mean, sure I might have him do the lawn or something but I'd still give him  a scratchcard for christmas.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

We’ve put together a bag of presents for him, which Mrs. F could get in trouble for from work, because cunts, but it’s by no means guaranteed that she won’t be booted out in the New Year.

Good on you for trying to make a difference at a personal level (and it will make a difference, even if, as you say, it doesn't fix anything). None of us can do much about the top-down stuff, but the least we can do is all try and be more decent within the sphere of what we can influence.

We're a very well-off country. You wouldn't fucking know it, would you?

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

A little tale to illustrate the fucking horror of what Tory cuntery does to ordinary people. 
Some of you might recall that Mrs. Fist works for a large housing group in sunderland, she came home last week more angry than I’ve seen her in a long time.

She looks after “ vulnerable young adult tenants 25yrs and under”, which runs the full gamut from kids too old for the care system, refugees, abuse victims… you get the picture. 
She had a new client referred to her who was a single mother of  24 with a 4yr son. 
She’s under threat of eviction because of rent arrears, but, here’s the kicker, she’s not some “benefit scrounger” (for want of a better phrase), but works part-time, 4 days a week, in a call centre- decent young lass but struggling.  She has to pay for childcare to have her son looked after whilst she’s at work, and is on the bones of her arse.
She gets a bare minimum Universal Credit. 
When Mrs. Fist went to see her, the little lad came up to her when his Mam was in the kitchen and whispers “ Santa can’t come this year”. 
FFS! 
Fucking shite. 

We’ve got to get these bastards out. 

• Like 2