Politics

Christmas Tree

4 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Good on you for trying to make a difference at a personal level (and it will make a difference, even if, as you say, it doesn't fix anything). None of us can do much about the top-down stuff, but the least we can do is all try and be more decent within the sphere of what we can influence.

We're a very well-off country. You wouldn't fucking know it, would you?

5th richest in the world and I can’t remember ever seeing so many rough sleepers on the steets 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Sterling is rallying. This isn’t good. 

Again, how does anyone know what the results are? Nobody knows unless the exit polls have started leaking info.

3 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Why would the prospect of breaking up the UK and economic suicide make Sterling rally? 

I was just about to ask that myself. The pound takes a jump every time something happens to push away brexit over the last couple of years.

1 minute ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Why would the prospect of breaking up the UK and economic suicide make Sterling rally? 

Financial markets are short termist. They prefer certainty to unknowns. Sterling will tank again next year as Brexit draws nearer  

Have decided Gloom is right on sterling, sadly.

It's been going down all day, presumably in response to turnout. And now it's jumping in the last hour. That has to be a response to some new info and the only thing it can possibly be is a Tory majority.

33 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Sterling is rallying. This isn’t good. 

As others have said, this literally makes no sense. 

I see the FLC is back, to gloat, just as I and others predicted. You've all been much too nice to him btw. 

9 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Have decided Gloom is right on sterling, sadly.

It's been going down all day, presumably in response to turnout. And now it's jumping in the last hour. That has to be a response to some new info and the only thing it can possibly be is a Tory majority.

The turnout thint is unpredictable though. I don't usually turnout because I know labour has always been safe and I'm a lazy cunt, for example.