Politics

Christmas Tree

I'm not buying the sterling thing yet. Even when the exit poll comes out there's scope for things to shift massively - was it 2015 when the exit poll said 316 for the Tories but they ended up with 330-odd.

In the current context, there is a massive difference between those two figures. I don't see how the markets can be confident unless the exit poll is going to return a BIG tory majority. Which is possible but would be counter to expectation.... We'll know soon enough. 

Shitting it here. 

Just now, Gemmill said:

I'm not buying the sterling thing yet. Even when the exit poll comes out there's scope for things to shift massively - was it 2015 when the exit poll said 316 for the Tories but they ended up with 330-odd.

In the current context, there is a massive difference between those two figures. I don't see how the markets can be confident unless the exit poll is going to return a BIG tory majority. Which is possible but would be counter to expectation.... We'll know soon enough. 

Shitting it here. 

I was less nervous on my Wedding morning! 

Just now, PaddockLad said:

The trade deal with Japan?

But even with that, why wouldn't Honda prefer to supply the EU with an EU site with less transportation and cheaper wages? Add 10% tariffs and get rid of JiT however...... 

Just now, Renton said:

But even with that, why wouldn't Honda prefer to supply the EU with an EU site with less transportation and cheaper wages? Add 10% tariffs and get rid of JiT however...... 

Probably be some sweeteners to build in their homeland. And I suspect they transport a lot of people and components to Swindon from Japan anyway which would be eliminated.

1 minute ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Japan free trade deal was what I thought at the time. Are they shifting production to elsewhere in the EU or back to Japan? I assumed the latter.

See below. Btw, we were part of the EU that did the deal, which we could veto. Its mackem mythology to claim the EU "shafted us". 

20 minutes ago, Renton said:

As others have said, this literally makes no sense. 

I see the FLC is back, to gloat, just as I and others predicted. You've all been much too nice to him btw. 

I obviously hope I’m wrong!

Just now, Renton said:

See below. Btw, we were part of the EU that did the deal, which we could veto. Its mackem mythology to claim the EU "shafted us". 

I was alarmed that we didn't veto it. I don't think it was an intentional shafting per se, just that some Jap companies fucking off is collateral damage.

10 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

If they’re owt like their Dad they’ll be too fucking dense to realise. 

I'm hoping for their sake they might be able to rise above their genetic handicap.